Chapter 9

It's only a few days before the sports festival. Everyday for the past week and a half I trained vigorously, training the endurance of my portals, hand to hand combat, and basic training such as running and exercising. I've done it all, the only thing I haven't done was spar, leading me to this exact moment.

"Charlie?!"

"Izukuuu!"

I chimed into the phone, pressing it tight to my ear and checking myself out in the mirror.

"What're you wearing hotness?"

I could hear choking and sputtering from the other end of the line as I laughed loudly.

"I'm kidding, anyways you should spar with me Izuku! Whaddya' say?"

I heard him clear his throat and a deep voice talking to him in the background. I wonder who that is?

"Sorry Charlie, I'd love to but I still don't have a full grip on my quirk yet so how about Kacchan? Aren't you guys like best friends or something?"

"I mean yeah I guess, but I don't want to! He'll be mean to me and he always results in something getting destroyed. Plus I want to save my fight with him for when I scrub him on the battlefield!"

I hear Izuku laugh lightly on the other line.

"I don't see how the two of you are even friends."

"Me neither to be honest, he gets on my freaking nerves."

I hear him laugh again, causing a small smile to sneak on my face. I always liked calling Izuku, in our time as friends we became pretty close almost like brother and sisters.

"Anyways, what's up with the guy from the general education class? He seemed to know you and I never got the chance to ask."

I feel my face heat up at the thought of him, the way he grabbed my arm and turned me around made my heart flutter each time that I thought back to it.

"Y-yeah we know each other, he's a regular at my cousin's bakery and now we always hang out on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But I don't really know a lot about him if I'm being honest, that outburst at school that time was news to me. I'd like to know him better though."

Izuku hummed on the other line, very faintly I could hear waves crashing on his side of the line.

"Izuku are you at the beach? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, you can go."

"No no no! It's okay! I'm waiting for someone to come back but anyways, what do you guys even talk about to not know about him? If you guys have been hanging out together at least twice a week then shouldn't you know more?"

"Well, sometimes we just talk about our day or just sit in silence or help each other with homework. Mostly he helps me, but we don't really go super deep into our past."

"Well that makes sense, now we're going to be against him, how does that make you feel?"

My heart thudded at his simple question, I couldn't help but think about his spiky purple hair.

"I'm not sure, he wouldn't even tell me his quirk! Who knows if I'll even get a chance to fight him, but I don't know. From what it sounds like he wants to get into the Hero course and will do anything to get in. So if I fight him, can we even guarantee a winner?"

"Sounds like you want him to win."

My mind completely goes numb, if I'm being honest I don't know what I want. But hearing Izuku say that makes a sudden overwhelming feeling of wanting him in my class fills me. At the same time, I need to show how skilled I am so I get scouted.