Chapter 10

It's the day of the sports festival! Currently, Class 1-A was sitting in a white and blue waiting room with multiple tv's to show us the live broadcasting of the stadium filling and multiple reporters interviewing pro heroes, teachers, and civilians.

"Hey, Katsuki?"

The boy in question snapped his gaze to meet mine, a bored expression on his face.

"We've been looking forward to this for the past two weeks! Are you excited?"

He scoffed and stretched his arms behind his head, leaning back in the fold-out chair that he sat in. He's going to break his head if he keeps doing crap like that.

"Excited for what? I already know I'm going to win!"

I'm going to rile him up.

"What makes you so sure about that? I think you're forgetting who your competitors are."

He sat up straight and glanced at me sideways.

"And who might they be?"

I smirk and lean across to his side of the table, resting my chin in the palms of my hands.

"Well, of course, there's Shoto, he's really strong, then there's me, obviously."

He laughed loudly and moved his attention away from me again.

"Oh, and don't forget, there's I-zu-ku."

I over-pronounce each syllable and a sly smile stretches across my face. His eyebrows immediately furrow as he slams both of his hands on the table.

"As if that little f*** could beat me."

I laugh loudly but quickly stop noticing Katsuki staring elsewhere, his angry face transitioned into that of an analytical one. What could he be staring at? Oh.

"On an objective basis, I think I'm above you in terms of practical strength."

Shoto was standing in front of Izuku, his taller stature makes Izuku seems like a midget.

"Wha?!? Ah, uh, yeah.."

Katsuki and I look at each other and then back at the other two.

"You've managed to get All Might's eyes on you, right? I feel no need to pry into that but, I'm going to beat you."

Oof! Some manly competition is about to go down. I look back at Katsuki who is gripping onto the side of the table so hard that his knuckles are turning white.

"Charlie, he's forgetting two important competitors."

He smiled at me challengingly and stood up quickly.

"I have no idea what you want from me, telling me that you're definitely stronger than me. I think the vast majority of people are probably no match for you, looking at it objectively."

Kirishima walked up really quick to try and make Izuku feel better. I remained still in my chair, feeling the weight on my shoulder as Katsuki leaned on me.

"Even so! Everyone -- even kids from other departments are aiming for the top with all their might!"

Hitoshi.

"So not even I can just let myself lag behind the rest! So I'm going to go for it with all my might too!"

Yes! Izuku! You stand up for yourself! I could hear Katsuki growl silently behind me, his grip on my arm tightening.

"Class 1-A please make your way into the arena."

The intercom buzzed, causing all of us to scurry to the entrance.