Chapter 26

A dark aura filled the classroom as four of my classmates wallowed In despair. Hitoshi was sitting at his desk with his head on my leg as I sat on top of the flat surface. The poor boy was especially tired today for whatever reason. He told me not to worry about it, but I had the sneaking suspicion he stayed up all night training again. He felt like he had to 'catch up' to our classmates who have been in the class for much longer. He doesn't seem to understand that he's easily one of the strongest competitors here.

I run my hands through his soft hair as he slowly drew circles on my knee.

"I can't say I'm not bummed that Kiri and Denki won't be coming with us."

He hummed and buried his face deeper into my leg.

"Don't worry about that, they'll be there."

He lazily looked up at me, I could only see his lavender eyes and I could barely hear his muffled voice as he spoke into my leg.

"Hm? But Aizawa said...he told you otherwise didn't he?"

He slowly nodded and faced away from me again, closing his eyes and I continued to run my fingers through his hair.

"He tells you everything, it's like you're related or something."

"Mmm, sum' lok that."

"Hitoshi, love, I can't understand you."

He picked his head up and smirked widely at me before sitting all the way up in his seat.

"I said, mhm something like that."

Something like that? Maybe he is his uncle as I predicted!

"What do you mean?"

"Close family friend."

He pulled back the sleeve of his blazer to check his watch.

"You should go to your desk, he'll be here soon."

He placed a small kiss on my knee before I could jump off, as I walked by I ruffled his hair and sat in my seat next to Shoto. He was haphazardly doodling in his notebook, they looked like small drawings of ice and fire intermingling with each other.

"How pretty!"

I leaned over my desk to look at his drawing as he snapped his attention up to me.

"Oh, thank you."

He smiled lightly at me and I just grinned back and turned towards the door as a sleepy Aizawa walked in.

"When the bell rings, you take your seats!"

Everyone scrambled to their desks and stared sheepishly at Aizawa who took his place behind the pedestal.

"Morning, now about your end of term exams, I hate to say that some of you failed. And as such...everybody's going to the forest lodge!"

He smiled his signature weird Aizawa smile that Hitoshi and I made an effort to perfect during our week in the woods. Kiri screamed in happiness and Mina immediately started crying tears of joy. Heck, I'd do the same if it were me.

"There were zero failing grades for the written exam, for the practical, Satou, Kirishima, Ashido, Kaminari and Sero all failed. For the exam, we villains left you a way to win while gauging how you faced the challenges we set for each of you. If we hadn't, then you'd all have run into a dead end before the challenges even began. Naturally, the lodge trip is a boot camp, to begin with, so those who failed need it the most. It was a logical ruse!"

Man, Aizawa is always playing with my feelings like that! Iida started to yell at Aizawa about our trust in him wavering, but oh well he's our teacher, I'll trust him no matter what.