Chapter 32

<:Hitoshi's POV:>

"I know what you're thinking."

I sat in a white room next to Shota with my face buried in my hands. We currently sat in the waiting room of the police station while they escorted Toga into her cell. I was brought to make her answer questions and I'm just glad that we got the location of the villains hideout from her.

"You can't go."

I glared at Shota through my fingers and sighed, leaning back in the uncomfortable plastic chair.

"And why is that?"

"Because no students are permitted in this rescue operation."

"Just say I'm your intern Shota, I basically am."

He grumbled as the two of us sunk into our seats, staring at the blank white wall in front of us.

"I'm going to save her."

The older man jumped out of his seat and stood in front of me. His hair was pulled back in a ponytail and his face was clean shaven, a rare sight for the exhausted hero. He ran his hands exasperatedly through his for once styled pony tail, courtesy of all the press conferences.

"No, you are not."

I stood up and stood at the same height as him. He narrowed his eyes and frowned.

"Yes, I will. I need to, I promised nothing would happen to her when she was stressing over it. I'm not just going to sit around, wouldn't you want to see your girlfriends face when you got saved?"

He scoffed and waved off my remark with his hand.

"Oh, I wouldn't need saving, I can get myself out of the situation alone."

I let out a dry chuckle and stuck my hands in my pockets. He doesn't fucking understand, does he?

"Oh, you're such a macho man! Forget about a damsel in distress!"

He stepped closer to me, obviously trying to intimidate me but I stood with a dry smirk on my face.

"You better not forget who your superior is. You aren't going on the operation and that's final."

"Oh yeah? And what? I'm almost completely sure that the rest of Class A will go save them the second they find out where the villains are located."

"They wouldn't."

"Oh really, and you're so sure why? I know of Class A's reputation, and they would never sit aside when their friend is in need."

"What they do is none of your concern!"

I furrowed my brows. With every sentence spoken, our voice raised and I knew this would soon turn into a heated argument.

"I'm in Class A too you know! It is my concern! My girlfriend is sitting there and God knows what happened to her by now! They're villains and she's a gorgeous! Doesn't that bother you?!"

"Of course it bothers me!"

Shota screamed at me and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Yes... it bothers me. She's probably not having as much luck as Bakugou. But we will find her. You just can't go, you know how useful your quirk would be to them."

"A villain quirk."

"No, your quirk, in general, is useful to many people. They might try to exchange her for you, if you want the both of you to come out of this you need to stay home."

He was right, it pisses me off but he's right.

"And that's why we're putting you on house arrest."

"What the f-"

Suddenly cool metal was pressed against my ankle as I stared incredulously at the tracker.

"What, so you're putting a leash on me?"

"It pains me to do this to you but I'm trying to come out with the best possible outcome for this situation. For Charlie."

I froze and watched the green light on the band slowly blink.

"You can't go within fifteen miles of the hideout, if you try to remove it, it will shock you. The same thing will happen if you choose to pass the barrier."

I grunted and stared at the black band. I'm stuck, I can't go save her, I can't be her hero.

"Find her as soon as possible."

"That is our top priority."

********

I inhaled a deep breath before knocking on the front door of the Wood household. I needed to do this, more than anyone at the moment. After a few seconds, an older woman answered the door. Her long black hair tied back into a ponytail, her blue eyes puffy and red. I always thought Charlie looked a lot like her mom but seeing her this way made guilt immediately creep into my throat.

"Hitoshi?"

"Um, hi Ms. Wood."

I stiffly raised my hand in a small wave as we awkwardly stood in her doorway.

"O-Oh! Come in!"

She stepped aside and allowed me to enter the small home. I've come over many times since the start of our relationship. It always seemed cozy and vibrant, but now it just feels...empty. I cleared my throat and looked at her mom who sat on the couch in front of me.

"I just want to start by apologizing, I tried so hard to not let her go. I held onto her the entire trip and she just disappeared! I tried...I'm so sorry."

I felt the annoying tears prick at my eyes again as I forced myself to look away from the woman.

"It's not your fault."

"I'm her boyfriend! I should've been able to protect her. I'm sorry."

I continued to apologize and I slumped down onto the brown carpeted floor. My body shook as persistent tears ran down my face. Suddenly I felt the warmth around me as Ms.Wood hugged me.

"She's tough, she won't let anything happen to her. This isn't your fault sweetie, she would've done it either way. Heck, if she didn't make the effort to save him, she'd probably be looking for him as we speak."

"We're going to get her back, I promise."

After a few seconds, I pulled away and wiped my eyes on the sleeve of my long sleeve shirt.

"I um, brainwashed a villain and was able to capture her. I was at the police station all day and I was successfully able to brainwash the subject again and get the information out of her. As of today, we know the exact location that the villains are hiding Charlie and Katsuki. As far as I know, this operation will be carried out tonight."

I forced my voice to sound serious and mature, after all, the police sent me to deliver the news myself. I watched as she covered her mouth as happy tears trailed down her cheeks.

"My baby is coming home soon!"