Chapter 17

I giggle loudly as I shove strawberry ice cream into my mouth, Hitoshi sipped slowly on his huge chocolate milkshake and smiled at me.

"Hey, Toshi?"

He raised his brow, still sipping through the comically pink straw.

"What do you say we see what's fastest to finish? Ice cream versus milkshake you know what I'm sayin'?"

He smirked and popped the straw out of his mouth, his lazy grin spread across his face as he turned in his stool to face me.

"Alright, I'm just warning you, you wouldn't want to get brain freeze."

I smiled at him and shrugged my shoulders and immediately began to dig into the cold deliciousness. He sipped exaggeratingly loud next to me and quickly swiped another straw and stuck both in his mouth. I couldn't help but stop and laugh loudly, he looked at me and began chuckling. Heat rushed to my cheeks despite my cold ice cream as we laughed loudly in the small ice cream shop. No one else was there except the happy worked behind the counters. Pink checkers littered the room, everything was pink and frilly just like an ice cream shop should be. Hitoshi looked out of place here with his purple hair and stoic face but as he laughed and smiled with me, I couldn't picture him anywhere else.

Unfortunately, he finished before me, he didn't have to stop brain freeze as much as I had to and I blamed his quirk for it, which honestly made no sense. He smirked and looked past me before leaning in a bit, his chilled breath caused me to shiver.

"I dare you to play something on that jukebox and dance to it."

I looked where he was pointing and saw a bright hot pink jukebox glowing in all of its glory. He handed me a few quarters and I smirked, making my way to the machine. I scanned through a few of the songs as my heart thumped violently. This is so embarrassing, at least it's just us in here and that worker. I clicked through the slots, watching as the paper with song names flipped by. Ah! Perfect! I clicked the small white button under the word 'play' and turned around just as 'My Girl' by The Temptations started playing.

I got sunshine on a cloudy day!

I moved my hands outwards the way children do in VBS.

When it's cold outside...I got the month of may!

I wrapped my arms around my torso and leaned exaggeratingly on Hitoshi's shoulder and tilted my head up to look up at him, batting my eyelashes quickly. As the song continued, I danced and spun around the small ice cream parlor, I twirled around tables and waved my hands in the air. All embarrassment that would normally bother me flew right out the window.

I guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way?

Hitoshi smiled and jumped out of the stool and immediately made his way towards me. My heart began to pound faster as he grabbed a hold of my hand and flung me outward and quickly spun me into his body as he wrapped an arm around my torso.

My girl, my girl, my girl, my girl, talkin' bout my girl!

He swayed a little bit as the song slowed down for a second, when it started picking up again he released me and grabbed onto my hips, quickly lifting me in the air and then placing me on the ground as he spun me multiple times. Our hardy laughs filled the shop as we danced together. The song began to slow down until it was completely silent in the shop. I exhaled loudly and smiled up at him, he brought his hand up and placed his palm on my cheek, I subconsciously leaned my head into it as we stared into each other's eyes for a few moments. I was the first to take a step back and focused all of my attention on his lavender eyes. I don't want the night to be over yet, not one bit.