Chapter 34

(Trigger Warning? Maybe?)

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you to the hospital? You're pretty hurt up."

Kirishima and I stood in front of the door to my house as we waited in hesitation.

"No, I'm good. I just want to go home and take a bath. Maybe I'll go tomorrow okay?"

He smiled brightly up and gave me a tight hug.

"I'm glad we were able to save you two."

"Thank you, Kiri."

He patted my head and turned on his heel.

"Goodnight Charlie!"

"Night!"

I watched as he disappeared in the distance, once he was gone I turned to face the door. I knocked softly on it and waited for an answer. No one. Strange. I got on my tippy toes and grabbed the spare key that we hid on the door frame. I immediately unlocked the door and pocketed the key. Don't need the possibility of a villain getting in. I slowly opened the door to see a dim light coming from the living room and kitchen. I walked down the long corridor and as I turned the corner, I immediately heard a bowl crash to the ground. I looked up and met lavender eyes and instantly sprinted towards him.

"Charlie!"

He scooped me up into my arms as I wrapped my legs around his torso. I felt liquid hit my neck and knew immediately that they were his tears.

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!"

"Haha, I love you too Toshi!"

He pulled back and stared at my face, he held me up with one hand and used the other to trace the scrapes on my face and the bruises that lined my neck and collarbone.

"What did they do to you?"

Memories flooded my mind, causing an unwanted pain in my heart.

"U-Um, can I tell you later please?"

"Yeah...sure."

He set me back down but continued to smile warmly at me.

"MY BABY!"

I looked towards the hallway and saw mom standing there with her hands covering her mouth. She ran to me and enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug.

"You're here!"

I smiled and hugged my mom, warm tears pouring over my face as I felt the warmth of her comfort.

"Oh honey, we need to take you to the hospital! Look at you!"

She grabbed my shoulders and pulled back to look at me.

"No thanks, I just really want to be home. Maybe tomorrow."

I smiled weakly at her and turned to my boyfriend who was smiling widely at me.

"Alright, that's fine sweetie."

********

The warm water calmed my muscles as I washed all of the grime and blood away. My skin looked ten times lighter, the dark coat of dirt disappearing down the shower drain. It's over, it won't happen again. And if it does, I'll be the best hero by then and I will destroy the League. I clenched my fists as I stared at the water slowly pouring down the drain. My attention broke away as a small knock echoed in the room.

"Come in!"

My mom walked in with a small smile on her face and a pair of pajamas.

"How are you feeling?"