Chapter 13: Goodbye Hello

"So are you ready?" Derek asked and I turned to look back at my house. 

"Yeah I think so, and Derek?" I said turning my attention back towards him. 

"Yeah?" He asked. "Thanks for this," I said. 

"For what?" He asked. "For everything," I said. He laughs, "Whatever just get into the car." He said. "Okay wait I forgot something, it'll be quick," I said walking back into the house.

Nicole- Hello?

Ava- It's me your adorable sister, I assume you're leaving with Derek?

Nicole- I'm not because I'm not just gonna stay down like I'm your little bitch

Ava- That's what Stefan said before he died...

Derek answers his phone,

Derek- Yes?

Unknown- Leave Nicole

Derek- What no, who the hell are you

Unknown- She'll forgive you in time

Derek- I'm the best option for her

Unknown- I know but it's time for her to be on her own, so drive away and there won't be any problems

Derek- Okay fine but why?

Unknown- Because I can make her stronger now, drive off

I pace around in my living room, still on the phone with my sister.

Nicole- So if you want me you're just gonna have to find me

Ava- It would be so easy since you did just kill your only friend

Nicole- No...what...why are you doing this?

Ava- I did this for you that's all I have to say...

I turned back towards his car to find it gone. I jumped as a slender woman popped out of nowhere, "you remember me?" She asked, showered in corporate bitch attitude style. Her hair honeycomb she smiles at me. Distracted by her appearance a sharp needle was injected into me and before I knew it I was falling and landed on my back.

Ava's POV,

I placed my phone in my pocket as I heard his footsteps. As I turned to him I created tears that could fool anyone. "Hey, you okay?" He asked with a concerned look. "No...she's dead and this...is all Chanel's fault." Before Ashton's arms wrapped around me. It felt weird to be comforted since I've never really had it and I hated it.

 "It's okay, she's in a better place now." He said. Once my eyes glanced over towards her hospital room the tears disappeared and I began to form a smile. 

"But it's a part of life so yeah," I said backing up. "Nicole?" He asked. "What?"

I asked wiping the remaining tears from my eyes.

 "Hey, can we go visit Stefan's grave?" I asked. 

"I thought we agreed."-

"Well I changed my mind," I said proudly with force. "O...kay, we can go see him."

"Don't look at me like that. Like I said I'm fine, I promise." I said I smiled before kissing his cheek. "Whatever you say...I'm just gonna assume the death of your friend makes you have."-

"Yes she was my friend at some point in time, yes I cared that she died but she lied to me and she deserved to die."

 He sighed at my remark. "Sorry." No, I'm not. "Let's just go." He said leading the way.

Once we arrived at his grave I asked if I could get some alone time and of course, he granted me that. I can't believe he's dead, I really did love him...in my own crazy way but I have to move on and If I have to do it by pretending to love Ashton then so be it. I opened my mouth to speak.

 "Hey Stefan, I always knew you'd end up in a box or somewhere else...and you deserved it. And you especially hurt me. You've fooled me for the last time. But hey, you did both of us a favor and died. But I forgive you, I truly do. Do you want to know why? Well, you don't have a choice but to listen. Well, it's because I'm Nicole and I'm a good person. So rest in peace, my love." I turned around and walked back over towards Ashton. I let out a heavy sigh. "You okay?" He asked.

"Never better," I said with a malicious grin.