Chapter 33: The Underdog

"Hey, Derek I need to."- I pause in mid-sentence to witness Chanel sitting there beside him watching a movie. "Oh hey, cousin," Chanel said with a wave. "W-what's going on here?" I asked. Derek relentlessly looks at Chanel before turning to me. "Isn't it obvious? We're back together." I nodded. "Oh and I...have to kick you out." He said hesitantly.

"Fine, I get it. I'll get my stuff and leave." I said gathering my things I leave. Walking down a busy street I heavily sigh as a car slowly creeps---pulls up on me. The window rolls down and I turn to him. "Get in." I rolled my eyes and walked away. "You used to be my favorite but now, I just fucking can't stand you." I said, "Nicole get in the fucking car now!" I stopped in mid-walk. "Fuck no!"

Ashton hits his brakes hard climbs out his car and grabs me. "You got me fired." I crease his cheek. "You poor thing but I think that was your own fault," I said before he grasped my hand and pushed it away. He grins, "I know what you're planning." I shrugged, "I have no agenda." I said crossing my heart. "Yes, because all of a sudden you're nice to Stefan, avoiding me and apparently having sex with Derek." I gasp, "that is none of your concern!" I yelled. "Now, your mother says we have unresolved problems and I'd like to fix them." Stepping up to him I speak, "Stefan hurt me, but not as much as you did so forgive me if you."-

"Your plan is biased, you weren't ever going to punish him." I laughed, "you don't know anything." He blankly stares at me, trying to guess my next move. "Oh right, I don't. But I do you know that you will end up just like your sister and I don't want that." Laughing I roll my eyes, "Ashton, even I know that's a lie, you said it yourself that you liked her more than even me." I said snarling at him. Ashton scoffs, "Since you don't think I care, here's some advice, make them believe in something that is possible and they will fall for anything." Tilting my head off towards the side my eyes widen as I began o catch on to what he was saying. It wasn't clear but I got it. "Well, then everything is resolved," I said. "Get in the car." Nodding I climb in.

Ava's POV,

Nuzzling my head on the chair, with a croak in my neck I jump into a panic noticing the chains that held me down and my mother glaring at me. "Claire," I said straightening my posture. "Where did you go?" I ignore her as I look around the room. "I don't know," I said with a heavy sigh. "Yes, you do." Rolling my eyes I grunt in pain as I touch my neck. "Your bitch of a daughter sold me out to Ethan." I breathe, "it's hot in here." Claire looks at me uncomfortably. "Are you okay?" I jump as Alyssa appears in my rearview "No, no...I killed you!" I scream pointing at a wall. "Ava." Claire stands and observes my reaction. "Fuck, I hate N-Nicole!" I screamed as Alyssa's fingernails sunk into my skin. "It'll wear off in an hour or so," Claire says and I shake my head. "Nicole's didn't last for an hour," I said headbutting the air. "That's because Nicole felt guilty about something and she didn't want to face it. And there's a good thing you're incapable of feeling anything." I frown, "I feel anger, I want to kill my sister now." I said.

"Oh, please you'd never kill your sister." Claire snaps her fingers, catching my attention. "I only stayed back to get you." I heavily sigh, "Is that so? Because the way I recall you wished to put me away!" I yelled. Grappling my chin she furrows her eyebrows at me. "Ooh I know why you don't want her anymore, you created a monster, just like me only this one you can't control anymore." She gulps. "Oh I can control her, all I have to do is snap my fingers and she's mine." I smiled.

"Oh I see what you did, you trained her, Stefan wasn't her nightmare...he was her trigger and at any moment you can snap your fingers and you're in control." She unchains me and I clap my hands together. "Clever mother, making another you. I'm actually shocked you did that, Nicole is cured. Ethan told me."

"Oh your, actual baby daddy?" Turning away I roll my eyes. "Potential...you left me out in the world and Ethan saved me, he helped me form my plan and now he's on that bitch side!" Slapping me I push her down as I stand. "Go ahead, kill her Ava, just like you killed me." Looking up at Alyssa I step over my mother and exit the room.

Ashton's POV,

Standing outside beside the theme that started it all I turned to Nicole. Her eyes beaming with answers and regrets I want to comfort her but I can't, I know she doesn't want me to and I deserve everything that's coming to me. "So why'd you bring me here?" She asked me. "To reminisce...about everything...before Ava." She laughs, "you actually think I care?" He nods. "Your mom brainwashed you, She wants you to be like her and Ava." He said. "Oh, I know...I want her to." She said. "Why would you want that?" I asked. "I don't want to feel anything anymore." I nod, "So you know how you said you wanted to help me?" I nodded, "Yeah?"

"I need your help," I said sorrowfully. "What did you do?" I sighed, "a long time ago, which isn't that long now, I have mistaken a woman as my target and I killed her. Her boyfriend he's out of prison and he wants to meet with me." I nodded, "Okay, why didn't you ask Ava or Naiomi?" She asked. "Neither of them will encourage me to walk away." She rolls her eyes. "Ashton I can't help you. Even if what you say."-

"Nicole."- I said slowly grabbing her hand. "I know that I hurt you and I am sorry, in my own stupid way I thought I was helping by staying out of it...that somehow my brother would step in and prove me wrong. But I was right, sure this isn't an excuse but I was serious when I told you I love you. When you told me what happened to you were hurting I realized that it was my fault and you can hate me forever but I want you t know that I am sincerely sorry and will try to make everything right." She blankly stares at me for a moment before opening her mouth.

"I help you and you have to do me a favor." I nodded quickly. "I am broken you know that...but if...and only if I am triggered and I go down to that state like...Ava you have to promise me...you won't give up on me." Squeezing her hand I nod. "I won't, you have my word."