Chapter 24: The Curtain's Calling

Nicole's POV,

I came back to at least hear what my sister had to say. "Why would you do that?" I asked. 

"Well, it's simple after Chanel's attempt I wanted to finish what she started. I wanted to replace you right then and there but you came over too early So I had no choice but to let him go. Seriously people should give you more credit, what you write in your diary is dark."

 I rolled my eyes. 

"I remember you saying something about a video." She said.

 "Of Stefan and Chanel," I said.

 Ava giggles, "I leaked it."

I allow what she said to roll down my back. But then again why should I be mad? 

"I honestly want to thank you for doing that for me. I'm no longer the monster anymore." I shook my head. "You're probably right, I did kill Alyssa." She said.  

I got up and slapped her. "When I come back you have better be gone!" I snapped

"Oh okay." She said looking at me in awe. "Yeah," I said before walking off.

Once I arrived at the party I noticed Ashton's car was parked right outside. Well, things have really changed. I took out my phone to look at the time.

Nicole- Hello?

Derek- Where are you?

Nicole- How'd you get my number?

I asked right before I was bumped into by a random drunk girl.

Derek- From Chanel, anyways, I see her, did you tell Naomi what I look like?

I hung up on him and walked over towards Naomi. "Oh hey, Nicole." She smiles. as I entered the house. 

"Hey, so my friend...I hate saying that anyways he's over there." I said directing her attention towards him. 

"When you said alright I thought you meant ugly, okay, but he's...hot." I nod, "Excuse me." She said walking over towards him. I watched for a moment until I grew bored and wandered off into the kitchen. I turned to watch a couple shove their tongues down each other's throats. I felt someone's hand resting on my shoulder. I slowly turned. "Ashton." He flashes a smile a small one at that. 

"Nicole I didn't think you went to parties." I nodded, "I don't but it's my cousin's birthday and I'm trying to set up Derek with Naomi." 

Ashton laughs, "Since when are you a matchmaker?" 

I shrugged, "apparently when you fell in love with my sister." I spat.

"You're not going to let that go are you?" I shook my head. "It's okay, I deserved it. After what I've done." I grinned as I picked up a red cup. 

"What?" He asked as I gave him a look. "You'll find out soon enough Mr. Cage." I patted his shoulder.

 "It's worth it." I walked off into the living room. I scanned the room for Derek and Naomi to be making out now but he was just sitting there all alone. 

"Well, I guess you need this more than me," I said handing him my drink filled with beer. "You...thought it would work." I sat down next to him. 

"I did too...you must really love her." He nods, facing me with pure driven passion and defeat. "I did everything for her."

 I watched as he chugged the beer down, "you know she did not visit me not once when I was in jail." I look over at Chanel and Stefan as they entered the room hand in hand approaching us.

"Naomi ditched you right?" Derek nods, "She said I was."- I cupped his chin and directed his face towards mines. Slowly I press my lips gently up against his. His lips were soft and perfect, so perfect it gave me an awkward feeling I thought I could never explore. I pulled away slowly as I felt their presence. "Oh hey, guys." I smiled. "What the hell?" Stefan asked. "Bye." I got up and walked off. Stefan follows behind me into his backyard. "Stop following me," I said. "No, why'd you kiss Derek?"

I shrugged, "Why do you care?" I asked, "Because you hate him." He said crossing his arms. I turned to him. "Well, at least you're not scared of me anymore." I relaxed. "Stefan..when I was in that place...I was at my worst. And at last, I didn't go insane...and you didn't."- I paused.

"What?" He asked turning to Ava.

 "Don't listen to her, she's the one who got you killed." She said. 

"What? No, you did." He said. "Sure I planned it, and had Chanel be my puppet but, innocent Nicole's the one who caused this whole thing if you think about it." She said appealing to him. I knew it, she didn't want to help me all she wanted was him. "Oh no, not at my party!" Chanel says coming outside with Derek and Ashton beside her. "Sorry to rain on this fantastic party but Nicole has something to say." Stefan turned to me. "She's lying Nicole, tell me the truth." Even if I did he still won't see me that way.

 "Stefan I have no knowledge of what she is saying, why would I want to do that to you?" I questioned with a lump in my throat. 

"Just stop it, Nicole! Tell me the truth and I will forgive you." He exclaimed.

 Did he just yell at me? He's known me since we were six, how could he not believe me? Like I said he will never be on my side and I don't need him anymore. He was right, Stefan never cared about me. I began to laugh, "forgive me? I should be the one forgiving you! You lied to me! And worst of all you used me!" I yelled. 

"But at least I didn't try to kill you," Stefan said.

"So you've been behind this, whole time? I even asked you if you were...you lied to me in my face." Ashton said, "I'm sorry Chanel." 

I rolled my eyes, "Oh please you'll actually believe her over me? I had no idea what I was doing." I defended myself.

 "That didn't stop you from stabbing me in the back." Is she really bringing that backup? 

"I'm sorry," I said to Chanel. 

"Ava may be evil and conniving but at least she's honest about it," Stefan said. "See this is what she wants, she wants you all to turn on me," I said. "Well I'm sorry to tell you, not everything is about you! You, do realize you're being selfish? You use the same things, you hurt me, I'm going to cry, it's pathetic." Ava smiled at Stefan. "You know we were all better off when you were gone." I wanted to come back at Ashton but this whole time I've gotten this wrong, this was a test so I smiled. "I think you should go." 

I sighed as I brushed past them. "You okay Stefan?" Ava asked. 

"Yeah, thanks for telling me. Chanel, we need a break." 

'She nods, "Ava."- He lens out his hand for Ava to grab. Ashton looks away.

I sat on my couch trying to keep myself together. I was always left to pick up my own pieces. I slowly turn my attention towards my so-called happy family I begin to knock it down, along with all the rest of them. I brush my hair frustratedly from out my face, I scream. I slowly walked towards my fireplace scattering ashes onto the floor and roamed into the kitchen and proceeded to cut my wrist leaving a trail of blood on the floor. I turn towards a nearby mirror and smiled, I've lost it. Or was I ever really found? "Goodbye Nikki hello madness." I cackled.

Nicole is dead and it's all their fault. I grab a match from off the counter and lit that shit. As I watched it dropped I proceeded to walk out of the house.