Chapter 25: Tag You're It

Ava's POV,

"I can't believe she'd even try to play the victim," Stefan said. 

"If she."-

"Stefan, please let it go," I said.

"You're right, but she did do this to us," Stefan said. 

"And we should be partying," Chanel added seeing as that this is her day and her party. 

"I have to work tomorrow," Ashton said putting on his coat. 

"See you guys later." We all nodded. 

"Bye, brother," Stefan said calmly.
"Well, I'm going to dance," I said.

"Wait, let me join you." Five minutes into our dance until my phone began to ring.

 "Who's that?" Stefan asked. 

"Ashton." I heavily sighed. 

"Answer it, might be important." He said.

Ava- Hello?

Ashton- Get down over to Nicole's house, it's on fire

Stefan- What'd he say?

Ava- The house...Nicole's house is on fire

Stefan- Okay, I'll go get Chanel and we'll go

Once we've arrived at the aftermath of the ashed house I climbed out of the car and the four of us walked over towards Ashton. He stands there still as water, not knowing whether to be sad or angry. He was taking at the moment. He actually cared, and here I thought that no one could ever love my dear sister.

"So what happened?" Stefan asked. 

"They...they."- Ashton pauses.

 "Don't say it," Chanel said as his unfinished words caught on to her. 

"They couldn't find anything but ashes...so they ruled it as death," Ashton said.

 "R.I.P Nikki," I said right before everyone grimaced at me. Why do they even care they were just screaming at her. 

"You guys forget I don't know how to express my feelings or cry. Don't judge me, I can feel you all judging me." They still looking at me.

 I raised my hands, "And I didn't kill her." I said. 

"We know." They all said in unison. "But who did?"We all turned towards a woman draped in red like she owned the place. 

"I did, well mentally." She said approaching us. 

"Who are you? Wait, you look like that lady I saved Nicole from." Derek points out.

 "That's because she is," I said. The lady grins. "Nice to see you again Ava."

 Stefan steps up, "you're not taking her back ma'am." He said.

 "Um, I don't think you can ever stop me." She said.

 "Oh yeah why not?" Stefan asked.

 "Because she's my mom."

"That's impossible your parents are dead," Ashton said.

 "No, we were adopted, the truth is Claire here was too insane to keep us and she drove our father away," I explained.

 "So anyways where's Nicole as they named her." She said. 

"We don't know."

"What? How don't you know?"

Nicole's POV,

Derek backs away on the phone,

Nicole- Hello?

Derek- Thank god, are you okay? That lady that drugged you is here and she's your mom

Nicole- I'm fine and great

Derek- Are you going to come back?

Nicole- I don't know...I'm not going to hurt myself and did Chanel ask you to call me?

Derek- No...I actually wanted to...

Nicole- You don't have to worry about me anymore, you don't owe me anything

Derek- Nicole...I...

Nicole- Derek

Derek- Do what you need to do, I'll be here when you come back

Nicole- Now who likes who, and it would be better if you stay away from me

Derek- Nicole...

"Connection lost, damn."

Sitting in a quiet bar, it was pouring with rain and I was just enjoying my drink up until someone decided to sit down from across me

"Ava?" I slowly turned around. 

"Excuse me what?" I asked right before I could react I was stabbed with a needle and taken away.