Chapter16: Escape From The Mad House

Nicole's POV,

"Stefan?" Was the name I called out for as I opened my eyes. 

"Hello, Ava." 

Another doctor? "How was your nap?" I looked away.

 "You're going to have to talk one day. I mean that's how you make it out of here. Now, why did you leave?" The doctor asked. "Can I go home?" I mumbled. 

"No Ava you know this." I shook my head. "No, I don't know. I'm not crazy." I said. "That's what they all say."

"Why am I here?" I questioned.

 "You tried to kill your twin." I gulped, she tried to kill me? 

"Why?" I asked.

 "You remember don't you?" I shook my head. 

"Well, you claimed she stole your best friend and your spotlight."

 I nod, "Do I get any visitors?" I asked. 

"Once by your parents when they dropped you off if that counts."

"Please can I get out of here, it's suffocating in here", I said.

 "I could unchain you." He said. 

"Please do," I said.

 "Alright." He said opening the door.

 "You promise not to knock me out?" He asked. 

"C-can I make a phone call?" I asked. 

"Now you're asking for way too much." He said as he unchained me. I headbutted him and ran away. I exited the exit quickly. "Code red, a patient is escaping!" The speaker said echoing through the hallway. As I was running I was hit by a dart which had little to no effect on me it only made me want to flee even more. 

"Mommy."- A kid's voice cried out to me. Wait, Ava's a mom? I stopped for a second to get a good glance before running away.

I managed to make it out; I crossed the street, and as I was almost there the dart finally kicked in and my feet began to give out, and the next thing I knew I had collapsed on the grassy land.

I wake up later back in the same darkroom. I didn't want to be here, it's so lonely in here. 

"How long have I been gone?" I smiled as I gazed upon his blue eyes, turning to a dark brown. 

"Where have you been?"

"I've been here the whole time." He growled at me which caused a huge lump in my throat. 

"Are you here to save me?" His smile turned into maliciously frightening laughter. 

"Me? Me, save you? Are you that delusional." He spat.

 "Why would you say that? I'm your."-

"You mean nothing to me." He snarled. 

"Stop," I said hoarsely due to the lump in my throat. 

"Stop what? The truth? Nicole, I used you. All I wanted was Chanel. Nicole, I mean you must've known. You are not that dumb." On the verge of tears, I began to cover my ears.

He aggressively grabs my wrist causing me to have bruises. "Let go of me!" I screamed; a grey rock appeared from behind me. "S-Stefan stop you're hurting me!" 

He starts to shake me, "Good girls finish last and they die first." And that's when he shoved me and I fell back, my head landed first onto the rock. Opening my eyes all I saw was nurses surrounding me. 

"You are in perfect. You should've died not me." Stefan's voice haunted me. I turned my head realizing my escape was staged by a green screen. 

"I didn't escape?" She shook her head. I slowly stood up and looked down in defeat.

"I'll go back to my room," I said sheepishly and ashamed. 

"Good girl." She said calmly walking behind me. "So how do you feel now?" She asked as I stepped into the darkroom.

 "Terrified." She slowly closes the door. She turns to her side and presses down on her speaker. "I got you some chalk and a phone to keep you company." She said before I could hear her walking away.

I crouched down and began to start crying. I slowly looked at the chalk that was placed in front of me grabbing the chalk my hand began to shake as I hesitated to write, "He'll save me." I said before marking down a tally.

I woke up the next day and looked across the room at him. "Wow, you look horrible. I mean look at you." I covered my ears again. 

"Oh don't tune me out! You can't tune me out!" Stefan shouted at me. "You're not real" I mutter to myself trying to imagine Ashton instead. "Ashton can't save you either."

"Get out of my head!" He slowly walked towards me. 

"He doesn't love you...matter of fact he doesn't care about you either!" I grimaced at him with an exchange of fear. "He does." He laughs, "Then why hasn't he found you? Face it, Nicole, you are incapable of being loved."

I sighed, "Can you please just leave me alone." I pleaded. 

"This is all your fault! You should be dead!" I rolled my eyes as he kneeled down to face me which caused me to look away. 

"Why?" I asked as he cupped my face. 

"Because you're just not that good enough. You don't deserve me." I gulped as his hand then ran through my hair.

On the other side of the glass, She observes my reaction. "You're traumatizing her. How much did you give her?" Her assistant asked. "As much to help her." She said. "She's not supposed to be reacting like that." Her assistant says. "Minor set back, she'll be fine."

I sat there rocking back and forth panicking with no one to comfort me. "Go ahead and call him. He won't answer for you." 

 I slowly crawled towards the phone. With nervous sweaty palms, I managed to keep it together so that I could call him. "9...2...8...4...5..6...7."

Ashton- Hello?

Nicole- Ashton

Ashton- Nicole why are you calling me if you're in the other room?

Nicole- Because I'm not

Ashton- Nicole stop playing games

Nicole- Ashton, please...I'm not...you have to listen to me, my twin...

Our connection was lost.

"Ashton!" I yell. 

"I told you so." Grabbing the phone I toss it at Stefan only for it to go straight through him. 

"Just face it, this is your home now."