Chapter 29: Got You

"Thanks again for the ride," I said waving at Derek.
"Yeah, are you sure you're going to be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I got Lance."I said.
Derek coughs, "oh he's back...uh did he say anything to you?"

I shake my head. "No, is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Nicole is that detective...oh hey Derek." I tucked my bang behind my ear.
"Hey, Nikki I need to talk to Derek for a second."
I nodded before walking off. "You didn't tell her did you?" Derek asked.

"What that you have a huge crush on her? No."

Derek breathes. "Then why are you back here?" Derek asked.
"You'll see soon enough." Lance winks before walking off and bumping into Ava.

"Hey." He smiles.

"Move." She said rolling her eyes before walking away. As I was walking down the hall I noticed Stefan signing up to play football.

"Since when are you into football?" I asked. "Mr. James said I needed to do something other than pretending to be dead."

I nodded, "wait. I thought you were leaving." He said and he must not know I'm me. "Wow, you are the worst."- He smirked.

"I knew it was you, Nicole."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure you did...well I'll leave you alone," I said right before turning to walk away.
"Look Nicole I didn't mean what I said."

I rolled my eyes. "Stefan you don't miss me, and you shouldn't I killed you remember?"

"Yeah, I know and I also know you're trying to make me jealous by befriending the two guys that made my life a living hell." He said crossing his arms.

"Awh you poor thing, now you know how it feels," I said. He shakes his head, "this is different." He said.

"Oh, like fucking around with my arch enemy and then having a child with my evil ass twin? So excuse me if I try to move on." He laughs, "Right like the time when you dated my brother." He said.

"Well Stefan you gave us your blessing and I don't regret anything. Just like last night when he fucked me." I watch as his skin begins to boil and his face turns pure red. With a wink, I step up to him.

"We can play this game but I'll always win have a nice day." I smiled as I walked away.

"Where has this Nikki been?" Lance asked. "Sleep," I said before walking into my first class.

At lunch, I sat across from Lance talking about the good old days. "You miss Alyssa?" He asked.

"Yeah, I try not to think about her, or anyone I tend to either get too emotionally attached or getting betrayed," I said.
"What are we talking about?" Chanel asked as both she and Stefan sat down.

"About Alyssa." I rolled my eyes, "Go away, Chanel." Chanel gives me a look before letting out a chuckle.

"That's cute, you got Lance by your side and you don't know how to act." She said taking a bite out of her food.

"Excuse me," I said getting up before walking away.
"Your welcome," Chanel says directing her attention towards Stefan. Stefan walks after me.

"Why'd you do that?" Chanel shrugs, "I do a lot of things for no reason, but this...they deserve each other." Lance nudges her shoulder.
"But what about Derek?" Lance asked. "What about him?" She asked. "He likes her, why do you think he always bullied Stefan?"

Tilting her head towards the side she nods, "Oh, I never...well I knew...wait then he used me? No one uses me!" She screams. "Oops." Lance maliciously grins.

"Hey!" I stopped in mid tracks, "go away." I said.
"Nicole I've been trying to talk things out with you for the longest isn't that."-

"Don't...Just don't okay, I don't need your false hopes anymore so just stick to your word and leave me alone." I said.

"Fine, I will but just know...I didn't."-

"But you did!"

Ava enters Ashton's office. "Ava." He said moving around files. "Ashton." She said. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

She nods, "And aren't you supposed to be working?" She asked. "I am, I'm solving the case you created." He snapped. "So I killed someone, I'm still human. I did love you." Ava said sincerely.

"I don't believe you, so go ahead and tell me what you want."

She chuckled. "Right so you are going to let this die again right?" She asked.

"Maybe, not." She rolls her eyes. "Oh my god, let it go, Ashton." She jumps as Ashton forcibly slams his files onto his desk.

"Let it go? No! You used me! All I ever did was love you, protected you, showed you something that no one else in this world would've ever done for you...and you traded me for my brother who only wants you to hurt Nicole."
Ava rolls her eyes, "Now at least you know how it feels...to love someone and to be betrayed."

Ashton frowns, "Just get out of here." He utters.

"Oh stop being such a bitch." She said. "And this is why Nicole will always be the favorite." Picking up a nearby trashcan she throws it at him.

"Fuck you!" She said before exiting the room.

Derek enters his apartment and sits down across from me. "How was school?" He asked.

"Fine, what about you?" I asked. "It was alright, you look upset you're?"- I shake my head. "I'm fine I swear, you big softy." He chuckles.

"You sure because it looks like that kiss still has an effect on you." I rolled my eyes. "I'm done with the Cage boys, trust me."

He nods, "Well good, they were bad for you anyways." I laughed, "You never really liked them...well Stefan, why?" I questioned. Derek stiffens for a moment before letting out a sigh. "Well, it's probably because he had one thing I could never have."

I smiled, "Awh Chanel?" I asked.

"No, you." I looked away.
"Sorry, I just made things awkward and."-

"I should've known, I mean you're always nicer when I'm around or you're tongue-tied." He smirks, "I am not...And just because I think you're cute doesn't mean anything. The crush is over and we're friends."
I nodded, "Well okay."

Ashton closes his office door behind him. "Hey, Cage I overheard you and."-

"It's none of your concern." He snapped, "Well it is since you're putting your job on the line for a seventeen-year-old." Ashton sighs, "Not now."

"I see now, why she gets away with everything, it's because of you, don't deserve to be."- She pauses as she watches their boss walk by with a box in his hand. "Sam where ya going?" He shakes his head, "I've been relocated to LA." She shakes her head.
"By who?"
He shrugs, "Goodbye." Ashton follows behind her to an office.
"Excuse, but who."- Ashton's eyes widen as the chair spins around.
"Hello I'm Claire or Mrs. Reily, I'm your new boss." She smiles.