six - "wham bam thank you maam"

"You look great," Thomas smiles at me, surprised by my different choice in outfits. "I reserved us a place at this diner down the road from here. It's really nice there."

"Sounds fun," I smile and he holds his arm out for me to link my arm with his which I accept gracefully. I still wore my heeled chunk boots as we walk out of the campus and down to the diner Thomas was talking about.

It was a ten minute walk, which was filled with casual conversation and laughter. When we arrive, I notice that the cafe is very 80's themed, decorated in black and white squares, red bar stools and booths and marble tables.

We sat in a booth in the corner of the diner and we look at the menus. When the waitress arrives, she gives us a polite smile and pulls out her notepad and pen when she finds out we're ready to order.

"I'll have the quarter pounder burger with a chocolate milkshake," Thomas smiles up at the waitress and I can't help but melt at his dimples.

"Awesome," the waitress scribbles down his order before turning to me. "And for you?"

"She'll have the chicken salad and a glass of water," Thomas answers for me, causing me to raise my eyebrows at him. Actually, I wanted the BBQ beef ribs with chips and a coke.

"Is that everything?" She asks with a frown, checkup for reassurance from me and I nod. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding and that's what he thought I wanted.

When she leaves the table, I turn to Thomas with a look of disbelief, "I didn't want the chicken salad and water, but thanks for asking."

"Sorry," he puts his hands up in defence. "I just thought that you would since every other girl gets that when we go out."

I didn't know what was more offensive, that he thought I was like every other girl or that he brings other girls out to restaurants.

"Whatever," I drop it, since he didn't mean any harm by it. "It's a good job I'm not a vegetarian, huh?"

He chuckles, "that's more like you—I like when you make witty jokes."

I smile at that and we soon fall in to a comfortable conversation again, until I dinner comes and I slowly eat my dinner, avoiding the salad. I had had so much during the summer break that it made me feel ill since it was so tasteless.

We finish soon after and we split the bill before leaving and walking around the area for a bit longer. We stumbled across an empty park and ended up sitting on the swings as it grew darker and darker.

"So what are you studying in uni?" He asks as he kicks off the ground with his feet so he swings up and gravel shoots up from the impact. I copy his actions so that we swing in sync.

"Fashion designing," I answer him. "I love experimenting with new colours and materials. I've always been good at it. It inspired my style I have now. What about you?"

He smiles over at me, "I'm studying sports, mostly football. I've always been good at it."

"It's not difficult to kick a ball around a field," I tease him with a smile and he laughs, rolling his eyes and jumping off the swing which was higher than mine.

I put my feet down so that my swing stops and I watch him find something to kick around. He finds a large rock and grins over to me, challenging me.

"If it's so easy, Heart, do it now."

"Like a one v one?" I raise my eyebrows in surprise as I stand up off the swing and consciously pull down the leather skirt stuck to my thighs.

"Exactly," he nods. "I'll give you a fiver if you can get this rock off of me."

I nod, accepting his challenge and instantly reach over to get the rock but he moves it with his foot and pivots to the left and holds out his arm to stop me from moving towards it. He lets out a laugh as I reach out my foot to get it but he only continues to pivot and is soon dribbling away from me.

"This is unfair! I have heels on," I complain after five minutes of him laughing at my failure. He stops dribbling the balls and turns to me with a grin.

"Or maybe you're just bad at it?" He suggests as he slowly dribbles the ball closer to me but my eyes doesn't leave his face of concentration.

"Maybe I retract my previous statement," I mumble in defeat as he finally stands in front of me, doing some tricks with the ball and showing off. "It isn't that easy."

Just as he looks up from the rock to say something, I lunge forward to get it but he has quick reactions so he pulls the rock away and I almost fall straight on my face but he reaches his arms out to stop me from falling forward.

"Careful," he chuckles and stands me up properly, both of us laughing and he looks down at me. His hands were on my waist and I felt warmth wherever he touched me.

"I guess I just really am bad at football," I conclude as I look into his eyes. They had a mischievous sparkle to them and I couldn't help but feel like they were getting closer and closer to me, as though my eyes were zooming in on his eyes.

That's because Thomas' face was moving closer to mine.

His lips lightly touch mine, before pushing them against my lips quickly. I had only a second to react before he was pulling me closer by my waist and I move my lips with his and sling my arms around his neck.

He pulls away moments later. It felt like we had been kissing for hours, as though time slowed down, but I knew for a fact it had only been a few seconds.

"Can I take you back to my dorm?" He whispers down at me and I nod. He grins and moves his arms off of my waist and grabs my hand. With my spare hand, I grab my phone and message Brad's number that I had saved.

I won't be back tonight.

"So he was good?" Britt asks me as I swerve my way out of the women's section of the store and stopping by some clothes at the men's part. Not only was it cheaper and better looking, it was also more my style and fitted perfectly.

"I have nothing to compare him to," I reply as I scan over a white shirt that reminded me of one that Brad had worn before. I look at the price tag to see it was a bit overpriced and put it back on the rack before turning to Britt. "But I guess he was good?"

"You guess?" She frowns. She had already bought clothes from three other shops. "Did he satisfy?"

I shake my head, "he was too satisfied before I even got the chance. And I topped."

"You topped and didn't orgasm? I feel sorry for you," she laughs, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "So are you gonna continue things with him?"

"He messaged me after I got back to my dorm yesterday," I tell her. "There's a party on tomorrow and he said we should go."

"We?"

"Yeah, he wants me to meet his friend and he wants to meet you," I reply. "We don't have to go, though."

"You still like the guy, right?" She asks and I nod. "Well we should go, then! Maybe you weren't satisfied because you weren't used to sex."

"I hope so," I sigh and pull a white shirt off the rack and into my basket. "I just don't want him to turn to me and be one of those wham bam thank you ma'am type of guys."

"He asked you to go to a party with him tomorrow, I don't think that's the case."

I nod at her, hoping she's right.

unedited.