epilogue - "the final chapter"

THREE YEARS LATER

"I don't know what to write," Brad sighs as I walk out of the room and into the lounge where he sat. It was late at night and I couldn't sleep until he was beside me.

"You've been here for hours, why don't you come to bed and try in the morning?" I suggest, sitting next to him as I rub his back lightly, soothingly. He sighs, turning to me and resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"How are you feeling?" He asks after a moment of silence. I smile and place my hand to my stomach, causing him to place his arm around my waist and hold me close. "How are you both feeling?"

"I think she's fine," I smile down at the small bump. "She was kicking earlier."

"Really?" Brad's eyes light up and I nod. He stands us both up and presses a kiss to my lips before taking my hand. "Let's go to bed, you need to rest."

I just nod, following him to our room and he flicks the switch to turn on the light. While I get in bed, he changes into some pyjamas and turns off the light before joining me under the sheets. He holds me close and I rest my head on his chest comfortably as he plays with my fingers.

"Two months," he hums quietly. "Two months and we'll have our own baby girl."

"Two months," I confirm, a grin on my face as one of his hands rest on my stomach. "You're gonna be a great dad."

Brad purses his lips. He'd always told me he was unsure about the whole parenting thing because he was adamant that he wasn't going to be a good dad.

"You will," I say, knowing that his silence meant he was doubting himself again. "You're an amazing boyfriend and best friend and you're gonna be an amazing dad."

"Hm," he hums quietly to himself before rolling over and grabbing something off of the nightstand. He turns on the lamp by the bed and looks back over to me. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

My heart beats faster at the multiple possibilities that run through my head as I start to overthink everything.

"Hey," he laughs half heartedly as he sees my alarmed face. "Don't panic. It's nothing bad, I promise."

He presses a kiss to my forehead reassuringly and takes my hand in his. I can't help but smile as he lifts my hand up and places a chaste kiss to it.

"I've told you so many times how utterly in love with you I am," he begins. "And the last three years that we've spent together have been the best three years of my life and I know that with our beautiful girl that's gonna be here, with us, soon, that my life is only going to get better with you and our child by my side. You've helped me become a better person and I'm forever thankful, okay?"

I smile, pressing a kiss to his lips, "okay."

"So," he bites his lip nervously. "I was never quite sure how I was gonna do this but I know that I want to do it now. So, Mango, will you do the absolute honour of taking my hand in marriage and being my wife?"

My heart stopped. I was pretty sure I wasn't breathing. Brad wanted to marry me.

A grin spreads on to my face, "oh my—oh my God! Yes! Yes, a thousand times yes!"

He wraps my in a hug and I hold on to him as tightly as I can. I didn't ever want to let him go and he chuckles, a tear rolling down his cheek and on to the exposed skin that wasn't covered by my shirt.

"I'm so in love with you, Mango. Always you."

"I love you, too, Brad."

the end pt 2

i thought it was cute. meh. bye