fifteen - "youre like that in the bedroom"

Two more weeks. I had to more weeks until I could go home for October break and not have to see Brad for a week.

Over the past week we haven't spoke, mostly because I hadn't attempted to engage conversation with him and avoided him like the plague. I was annoyed at him for kissing me then straight after trying to have sex with another girl. It didn't surprise me that he went around kissing and fucking everyone. I already knew he did that before he put his lips on mine.

I finish off editing through my assignment and save it before opening up Outlook and signing in to my account so I could send it off. The assignment wasn't worth much of my grade as far as course work was concerned, but I spent more than enough time working on it since it was something occupy myself with so that I didn't have to interact with Brad.

He was out again, he was out most days. He sometimes came back high or drunk and I didn't question him. He always tried to be quiet and not wake me up but he failed every time. Usually I'd just bury my head in my pillow and try to block him and the noises out.

One time he can back really drunk after staying at a party most of the night and after he'd locked the door walked over to my bed and sat down by it so that his back was against the frame and his head was leaning back against the mattress.

"I am such an idiot," he ran his hand through his hair, readjusting his head's position against my sheets as he looked towards the wall. "You know how fucking difficult it is being your roommate? You're such an ass clown half the time I just wanna rip out your throat."

He sighed and turned around to look at me. I snapped my eyes closed as his eyes look at my face. I had mastered the art of pretending to sleep.

"You're so annoyingly beautiful," he slurred as he ran his hand through my hair lightly, gently and I wanted to tell him to get off of me. "More annoying than beautiful, though."

He chuckled and moved his hand from my hair and stood up, going into the bathroom and getting ready. He didn't remember anything when he woke up the next day, so I didn't mention it to him.

Once my assignment is sent to my teacher, I turn off my laptop and put it on the floor. I was all caught up on homework and now I had nothing to do.

James and I had ran into each other earlier again and he invited me to a party at his friend's house that was out of campus. I had considered it and the offer was tempting since I had nothing better to do today.

I climb off of my bed and find some clothes to wear. Most of my clothes were downstairs in the was and all I had was a pink velvet dress and the pair of jeans I was wearing now.

With a sigh, I pull out the pink velvet dress and change into it, the fabric clinging to my body and I brush through my hair and apply some makeup. I grab my phone and I feel as though I should tell Brad that I won't be home when he gets back but I don't because he never did when he went out.

I lock the university and James sends me the address to the party. It's far away so I call a taxi and enjoy a ten minute car ride with a stranger, paying before exiting.

James waited at the entrance of the apartment complex and smiles as he notices me walking up to him. I wore some plain white branded trainers so that my feet wouldn't start to ache.

"I'm glad you could come," he says as soon as I'm next to him and he opens up the apartment complex door.

"I wasn't going to but I finished my work so I didn't see why not," I explain and we take the stairs up to the place where the party is.

We heard it before we saw it as the door was opening, welcoming anyone and everyone who wanted to come in. There was red cups littering the hallway and a couple make out opposite the door, leaning against the wall.