twenty seven - "anything for you to come"

"Are you sure you want to take her?" Daniel asks Brad with a chuckle as the brown haired boy leans against my door

"Are you sure you want to take her?" Daniel asks Brad with a chuckle as the brown haired boy leans against my door. We hadn't seen each other much after the day we went shopping but he'd offered to take me back to university.

"Bore off Daniel, you're not funny," I scowl at my older brother and push him playfully. He chuckles, putting his hands up in defence.

"It's fine, really," Brad insists, a playful smile on his lips as he looks down at me. "It's easier for you guys, and it means I can annoy her for longer."

"I'm jealous," Daniel admits. "Annoying Margo is the easiest thing in the world.

"You guys suck, I suddenly don't want either of you to take me to uni," I scoff and the boys both chuckle. Before I can say anything else, my mum comes bustling down the hallway to say hi to Brad.

"Bradley!" She pushes past me and engulfed him into a hug, causing him to chuckle as he rubs her back in a hug. "Thank you so much for taking her. You're a life saver."

"I don't mind," he smiles as my mum moves away, rubbing his arms with a grin. His eyes flicker to me and then back to my mum.

"Have a good time at uni," she tells him and I roll my eyes, causing him to chuckle again. She lets go of him and turns to me, pulling me in for a hug. "I'll miss you, sweetheart."

"Looks like you're gonna miss Brad more," I comment and she only gives me a pointed look in return before kissing my cheek. "I'll miss you too, mum."

"You should both get going," she announces and after a final goodbye to my brother, I'm closing the door and following Brad down to his BMW. He opens the passenger door for me and frowns as I chuck in a backpack.

"What?"

"You're taking that back to uni?"

"You sound like my mum," I roll my eyes and he closes the door once I'm in before walking around to his car door and climbing in. He puts the car in gear after he's ignited it before putting on his seat belt.

He turns on the radio, one of his Arctic Monkeys CD's playing. He'd bought one from HMV before we left from shopping the other day. He taps his fingers to the music as we set off from my house, my mum's head peering out of the window.

"My mum likes you way too much," I tell Brad as we drive out of my housing estate. "I think she prefers you over me."

"Well, you're more annoying than me," he smirks over to me and I roll my eyes. "I'm only joking. I'm just better looking."

"Not true," I shake my head. "I have a better fashion sense, too."

He was wearing some baby blue trousers, accompanied with a brown braided belt that was too big so hung off of his trousers a little bit. He also wore a black shirt that was maybe a little too tight on his arms, not that I was complaining.

"That is very debatable," he glances down at my standard mom jeans and a baby pink loose shirt I wore, accompanied with some Doc Martins. "You wear the same thing."

"Not true," I repeat. "I have never worn these Docs before. These are new. So your point is invalid."

He chuckles and we continue to ride in silence until he decides to stop at a service station for some lunch and a toilet break.

"We've not even been driving that long," I laugh as we walk into the service station building, my bag slung over my shoulder as we walk to the toilets together.

"That's not the point. I needed a piss—that's the point."

I roll my eyes with a smile on my face as I go to the ladies' toilets and do my business, washing my hands and, as usual, the hand driers are broken so I have to wipe my hands on my jeans before I meet Brad outside.

"I'll buy us some McDonald's," he announces as we leave the toilets and I don't protest as we order off the electronic boards what we want. He pays on his card and hands me the bag with my burger and fries in after our order is ready.

We sit in the car, listening to some Arctic Monkeys songs while we eat and when Brad's done, he starts driving with the windows down so that the car doesn't stink of fast food.

I end up sleeping the rest of the way to uni and Brad shakes me awake as we park up outside the dorms. I help him carry his suitcases up to our dorm while my backpack rests on my shoulder.

"Why are these so heavy?" I complain, referring to the suitcase I was hauling up the stairs. "Did you pack your whole house or something?"

"It's not that heavy," he stands at the stop of the stairs and chuckles at me. Eventually we are at our dorm door and he unlocks it, letting me go in first.

"I definitely didn't miss this place," I look over at the freshly made bed and hoovered up floor. The mattress had nothing on mine at home.

Brad puts his suitcases on his bed and starts unpacking while I empty the contents of my bag into my shirts drawer since that's all I really brought with me. Brad glances at the clock. It's only two in the afternoon and we had no classes until tomorrow.

"Do you want to do something?" He asks as he perches himself on the edge of his bed while I lean against my headboard.

"Like what?"

"Well there's a party tonight. . ."

"Every time I've been to a party, the night has ended up in carnage," I frown at him as he scratches the back of his neck nervously. "I think I'll pass."

"Come with me? I don't wanna be alone there," he asks and I sigh, shaking my head. "I'll stay by your side and no one will kiss you or touch you or offer you weed. I promise."

"I'm not that easy to persuade," I say, rather to convince myself than him. "I'm not gonna go to the party."

"I'll do anything for you to come," he begs, doing his best puppy dog eyes and I feel my heart metaphorically melt as he looks over at me.

"I'm not going—"

"Please," he interrupts me. "You can choose my outfit, do my hair. Whatever! I don't mind, please come with me."

I let out another sigh, looking back down at my phone. I had nothing else to do tonight since I'd completed my essays and it was a tempting offer to go to the party.

"You'll stay by my side the whole time?" I question and he nods eagerly. "Fine. I'll go to the stupid party."

He grins, fist bumping, "I knew you'd give in."

"No you didn't," I frown, even though I knew he was right. I always struggled to turn down a party, I always found an excuse to go.

"Yes I did," he protests and I roll my eyes at his childish antiques. "Whatever, get ready for the party. We're leaving at seven."

"That's five hours away," I frown as he shoves his jacket off and leans against the bed.

"You have five hours to look even more beautiful than you already do, if that's humanly possible."

unedited.