eight - "reincarnated as a blotchy rock"

After my class ends, I make my way out of the lecture hall and stuff my books in my bag

After my class ends, I make my way out of the lecture hall and stuff my books in my bag. I knew Brad was probably going to be in the dorm so I had to find something else to occupy myself.

I walk slowly down the hall, messaging Britt who was still stuck in her two hour lecture. I don't think I'd last in a lecture hall for two hours, I could barely cope with one.

For the second time today, I feel someone grabbing my wrist and turning me around. However, this time it was more gentle and I smile tightly up at Thomas who greets me with a kiss.

He drops my wrist and his hands travel to my waist as he showers my face in small kisses before moving his face away, "hey, how are you?"

"Tired," I reply as he engulfs me with a hug. Although it was cute that he was being like this with me, I had been in a foul mood ever since Brad stormed up to me only two hours ago.

"I heard about your roommate this morning," he tucks some hair behind my ear and rests his nose on mine. I almost scrunch up my nose at the feeling but I instead look into his eyes that are wandering across my face but constantly flickering down to my lips. "I'm sorry that he's an arsehole, I really am."

"It's fine, I'm used to it," I reassure him. "And it's not your fault anyway. It's whoever ditched his stuff's fault."

He nods in agreement, "I'm looking forward to tonight."

"Tonight?"

"The party," he reminds me with a grin. "I'm bringing my mate along. You're bringing yours, right?"

"Yeah, obviously," I give him a faux smile and pull out of his grip, causing him instead to take my hand.

"You should wear that skirt again," he smirks down at me. "I prefer it to your jeans."

I wanted to yell at him that my jeans were fine but I didn't feel the need to. It's like when he ordered me chicken salad, he meant nothing malicious by saying it and I was only annoyed because I was already annoyed by Brad this morning.

Instead I shrug with a small smile, "I'll think about it, but no promises."

"I cant wait for tonight," he hums as we walk down the hallway together. I had another class soon so I led the way to the classroom.

"Me neither," I agreed with a tight smile. "I just wanna get smashed, you know? Alcohol is my best friend."

He places a kiss to my cheek, "I've got to go to class now. I'll see you tonight."