forty seven - "god knows youre worth it"

⚠️ SEXUAL CONTENT WARNING ⚠️

I sat patiently in the music hall, waiting for Brad's turn to play for his practical exam

I sat patiently in the music hall, waiting for Brad's turn to play for his practical exam. Only a few people had come to watch so I had taken a seat in the middle of the theatre hall where he's due to perform, by myself.

I'm on next.

I smile at the text off of Brad as a girl introduces herself. I put my phone in my bag and I begin to grow nervous for Brad. Eventually, the girl finishes and the people in the hall all applauded before she left the stage and joined a couple of her friends by the front row.

Brad was next and he walked with confidence to the piano in the middle of the stage. He introduced himself before he sat down at the stool by the large instrument and placed his fingers over the keys, his eyes flickering up to me quickly, shooting me a smile, before he looks away and counts down.

"I'm sorry," he sings beautifully. "For the way I behaved. And I'm sorry that I let you down, okay? I probably should've let you, oh no, but I worry you didn't like me anymore.

"I worry 'bout you not getting sleep cause you can't if the light creeps on it. So I shut the curtain, who shuts the curtain now I'm gone? And I worry 'bout your body getting cold 'cause I can't wrap around and keep you warm. God knows I'm hurting, but God knows you're worth it."

A smile was on my face as I watch him concentrate on the piano, the lyrics.

"Wake up, I've been tryna save us, I'm not gonna give up, but you don't seem to worry at all. So wake up, I've been tryna save us, I'm not gonna give up, but you don't seem to worry at, worry at all.

"I'm sorry that I pushed you away and I'm sorry, I couldn't give you everything and I need you just to try to understand, I let you take from me it all, it's just I feel like half a man."

He finishes the song promptly and I stand up instantly, just like other people do, and applaud, a huge smile on my face and my eyes tearing up.

Brad lets out a nervous sigh before turning away from his piano and standing up. His eyes are instantly at me and I shoot him a thumbs up, my grin only growing and a small smile reaches his face.

As soon as he's off of the stage, I get my bag and sling it over my shoulder before finding him outside of the hall like he had told me to. I spot him nervously looking at his phone but he removes his gaze so that he's looking up with me and shoved the mobile device into his pocket.

I wrap my arms tightly around his neck, squeezing him right against me and he does the same back around my torso. We stand there for a few minutes before I feel him placing his lips on my forehead.

"You were amazing," is the first thing I say, wiping away a happy tear that had fallen from his eyes. "The song was amazing. Everything about that was amazing. I loved it."