thirty one - "im so so sorry"

"Move over," Brad nudges me across my bed as he slides into the bed half an hour later

"Move over," Brad nudges me across my bed as he slides into the bed half an hour later. He had ordered some pizza for us and placed the box between us both before opening it up. I grab the laptop sitting at the end of the bed and press play on the film we had started watching before our food arrived.

We start watching the film, sat next to each other. He ends up eating three quarters of the pizza and I barely manage to eat the three slices in front of me. After tonight, I felt like I'd lost my appetite.

"Are you alright?" Brad asks as he notice me put down the third slice of pizza on to the box, only half of it eaten.

"Yeah, I'm just not hungry right now," I smile to him reassuringly but he only frowns. What Thomas said about me weight really made me think. I hadn't been thinking about what I'm eating and I haven't been going to the gym. Was I getting big again?

"You should've said, I could've waited to order food," he sighs, moving the box away. "I'll get you something else later when you're more hungry if you want?"

"No, it's fine," I reassure him and turn back to the laptop but he lets out another sigh. I had a feeling he knew it was something other than I wasn't hungry but I didn't want to tell him.

"Is it because of what Thomas said?" He questions, reaching forward and pausing the film. I shuffle away from him and then to face him instead. "Because you're not fat. You're really not."

I stay silent, looking at my fingers that were playing with the baggy shirt I was wearing as my pyjamas.

"Mango," he sighs, his fingers reaching up to my chin so that I'm looking at him. "Talk to me. Please don't let that arrogant piece of shit upset you like this."

"He's not upset me," I tell him and he gives me a look that practically screams that he doesn't believe me. "He's just got me thinking about some stuff. I'm not upset."

"Thinking about what?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Talk to me," he begs, grabbing hold of my hands and interlacing his fingers with mine. "Please."

I let out an irritated sigh. I knew he was just looking out for me and trying to help but did I want to come clean about my past? About how I was bullied and shamed for my weight? I didn't want to think about he would do if he found out.

"Please?"

"It's nothing that important," I lie and he rolls his eyes. "We can just forget about it and watch the film. There's no point talking about it."