Chapter 8

January 26th, 2018 

Cathy's Pov

I woke up to Maddie screaming, "Happy Birthday!" in my ear repeatedly and I did not want to get up at all. Who does want to get up in the morning? "Thank you! As my present today will you let me sleep?" I asked with hope.

Maddie just laughed and said, "Nope!" I got up and did my morning rountine and when I went out into the kitchen I saw that Olivia made breakfast. She made pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, French toast, and a lot more.

"Happy Birthday!" Olivia yelled popping out from behind the couch. I jumped but I realised that it was Olivia and I hugged her and said, "Thank you!" After the huge meal I had Madison and Olivia took me to the Laser Factory (R.I.P real Laser Factory) and we had a great time!

We played laser tag and Madison surprisingly won. We also did a ton of other fun games too but I am not going to name them all because there were a lot of games that we played. We went back to my apartment and apparently Olivia made a cake last night for me.

She made me a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and it was delicious. Once we were finished eating Madison and Olivia went into the guest room that Maddie is staying in and brought out the presents they got me.

I opened Olivia's first and she got me a Taylor Swift CD even though Olivia knows that I do not like Taylor Swift. I put on a fake smile and said, "Thank you so much!" Then Madison gave me her gifts and the first one was a framed photo of me and her from 4 years ago.

"I didn't know you still had this picture thank you so much!" When I saw Olivia's eyes I didn't know what they said but later on I realised that it was jealousy. I opened the second gift and it was a dog stuffed animal that smells like chocolate chip cookie.

It might be a childish gift for some people but I have always wanted one of these and Madison knows it. I then said to Madison, "I've always told you how I wanted one of these thank you!" I then opened the last present and it was a penguin necklace (picture at the top). Maddie has always known that I love penguins.

I then said to her, "You have always known that I like penguins and this is just like the one you got me on my first birthday as us friends! Thank you so much Maddie!" When I looked at Olivia I saw anger in her eyes but I did not know it until it was to late.

After the presents Olivia went home and me and Madison talked until we both noticed that Olivia left her phone here. I decided that I should go to her apartment and give it to her but it would take a while since me and Olivia live an hour and a half away. I am glad that I went because if I did not I would have never found out.

Third Person Pov

While Cathy was driving all the way to give Olivia her phone back Olivia was calling Cathy's super hot sister (Olivia's actual words) asking if she wants to come over. Cathy's sister, Veronica, only lived a few minutes away from Olivia and she wanted to go and see her. 

While Cathy was driving to Olivia's house Veronica and Olivia were together in Olivia's room. When Cathy got there she used the spare key under the mat to get in thinking that she would just give Olivia her phone back and be on her way but that is not what happened.

Cathy heard sounds from Olivia's room that she would never describe to someone and she did not want to even open the door, but she did and she saw her sister and her girlfriend together.

"Oh hey Cathy," Veronica said.

Tears formed in Cathy's eyes and she grabbed Olivia's phone and threw it at the wall and ran out to her car. Cathy left on her long way back while Veronica and Olivia went back to what they were doing before.

Once Cathy got home she went to Madison and started crying before explaining what happened. Madison took Cathy's phone and deleted Madison and Veronica on all of Cathy's social medias.

Cathy tweeted out "Guess who's single now" and tagged Olivia on it. Madison helped Cathy feel better and Cathy could not be more grateful to have her as a friend.