Chapter 17

February 16th, 2018 

Zach's Pov

The morning after I went to see Madison I made sure that she was okay before I went back home. The guys started asking me questions right when I came in and I did not responded to them, instead of answering I went upstairs and got ready for the day. I texted Madison to see if she was okay before eating breakfast.

The guys asked me again after I was done eating and that's when I told them what happened and why I left and only came back this morning. They wanted to go see Madison but I knew that she didn't want to talk about it. For some reason she chose to tell me when she could pick anyone to tell.

The thought of her choosing me to talk to about it instead of someone that she is closer to gave me this weird feeling in my stomach and I had no idea what it meant. I do not know why but I had to find out what it meant because it could be important.

Madison's Pov

I have no idea why I wanted Zach to come over to talk to. He just seems like the best choice to talk to and he wouldn't judge me. Thinking about this I got that weird feeling in my stomach again for some reason. I had no idea what it was and no matter how many times I get that feeling in the future I do not want to find out what it means. Anyway after what happened I knew how I would finish my book.

The only reason that I know how is because the girl in the book is Cathy. She liked girls and her parents are homophobic they never found out about it because she hid it so well from them and she intended on keeping it that way. I edited it and everything. I even got a copy sent to a publisher. Depending on if people like it or not I might be able to quit my job as a waitress and write more books. Wow I was really getting things done today.

When it was lunch time I wasn't hungry so I decided to go to the library. I have not been there in a while and there might be some new books to read, but that is not why I went to the library. I went to get my mind off of everything that has happened. At the library I picked out a book called Turtles All the Way Down (It is actually a really good book that you should definitely read if you haven't already).

Later I went to the grocery store because I need food. After I got back home I made a hamburger before the guys called asking if I wanted to come over. I didn't really want to talk to people then but I didn't want to be rude so I said yes.

When I got there they told me that they know what happened and comforted me. That was when I knew that I made friends that can help you through anything and I was lucky to give them a chance and get to know them. Wow I have never had more than one real friends.

Not the fake ones that are only there because they were forced or because you have a big house and your parents have a lot if money. My parents were rich and that's how I got all my fake friends, until what happened to them.  

I stopped thinking about it so I would not have to remember what happened. It was getting late so I went to bed trying not to think about what happened five years ago.

Dream

"Bye Mrs. Smith and thanks for the ride!" I said to Cathy's mom before going inside. I went to my parent's room to say goodnight to them before going to bed. I didn't go in because I heard my dad yelling. "Just because we're getting a divorce doesn't mean that I want to see you or those kids again!"

I heard glass breaking and hid just in time not to get caught by my dad eavesdropping on him. I made sure he was gone before opening the door to see my mom crying with what used to be a vase on the floor by the nightstand, and that was the last time I saw my father.