Chapter 22 Part 1

A few quick, IMPORTANT notes.

1) This is a two part chapter because it is so long. When I was writing it, I just kept going because I wanted a summary of everything to be in one chapter and am just now going back to shorten it. So almost everything is explained in these two parts.

2)The break in between chapters is weird because there was no easy way to have an end and beginning for a two part chapter that wasn't originally written that way. So I'm sorry.

3) If you still have questions, please ask and I will answer them if I can or write the answer into later chapters. I am the author, so I know all the details and what's happened, so it's hard to remember what you know and don't know. I try my best to make sure everything is answered in my books.

4) I did A LOT of research for this book and even for this chapter (part 1 and 2), although it may not seem like it was needed. My Google search history is so embarrassing because of all the details I want to get right and I'm sure the FBI is currently watching me because I was researching kidnappings and all that related stuff. You should be able to see where my research came into play.

5) Keep in mind this is fiction. I want to make everything as realistic as possible, but also entertaining, so some things may not always appear accurate. It's very difficult to make a novel that's both accurate, entertaining and realistic or at least in my experience.

6) I think that's it. I'm always forgetting something, but I got a lot out already (if you were patient enough to read this). Thank you all I love you guys so much! Even if only two people read this, you still give me the motivation I need to do what I love. Everyday I look forward to posting my stories thanks to you.

Chapter 22

I've thought it through a lot, maybe too much. I wanted to ask Josh to go with me, just incase I needed the protection, but I know he would tell Kyle. Kyle would talk me out of it and this isn't something I want to back out of because I need to know about my parents. The truth.

I came up with every excuse I could, but none of them seemed believable. No one would think I had made friends over night and wanted to go shopping at the mall with them. And no one was going to believe I needed alone time, considering I hate being in public, much less by myself.

I originally wanted to do it during lunch so no one would even know I was gone, but I couldn't get to the mall, talk to Silas and be back at the school in an hour. I need at least two.

The twisting in my gut reminds me of the person I'm becoming and how much I hate her. I've never lied or broken rules until now. I don't want to, but my need to know the truth is strong and powerful. If this goes right, no one will even know. Just like when Josh and I snuck out. I'll only tell if I get caught.

It's Friday night and Kyle's warming up on the field before his game tonight. I texted Tyler, telling him I was going to wait in the library at school until Kyle's game started. I tried to make the text longer, telling him I haven't read anything in awhile and need to do some research for a project to make it more believable. He responded casually, telling me to text him if I need anything.

I text Kyle and tell him I'll see him later tonight at his game, hoping he'll assume I've gone home with Tyler and Josh. I'm hoping he won't see the text, just assume that's where I am because his phone's most likely in his locker. As long as Tyler and Kyle don't communicate, I'll be fine.

I run out of the back of the school, crossing the street quickly incase Tyler is leaving now and sees me. I see the familiar white Jeep and my body shakes with anxiety, but I have to do this. I just hope Tracy will be kind enough to drive me, despite everything we've been through.