Family Traditions

~Jade~

It was Christmas Day and Zion, our daughter Kayla, and I were driving up to his parents house in Ottawa. We were about 30 minutes away from their house which is good because I've been cramped in this car for about 6 hours, it's not good for the baby.

Yes, were expecting another baby! I'm so excited to have another baby. Zion's family thinks it going to be another girl but I want a boy to balance things out.

Pulling into the driveway Mandy and Elom were outside hanging up some Christmas lights. Elom has gotten much taller since I've seen him last. I mean he's always been tall for a 17 year old but it's like jeez, your about to join your brother in the giraffe club.

"Hello motherfuckers." Zion said causing Elom to turn around laughing. For a 21 year old Zion can be so childish when he wants to be.

"Hi Mandy, sup' Elom." I greeted respectfully. Kayla came out of nowhere jumping on Elom.

"Uncle Elmo!" Kayla said wrapping herself around his ankle.

"Zion come get your kid."Elom said trying to shake Kayla off. I just laughed at him.

"Elom you need to be nicer to your niece." Mandy nagged at him.

"Yeah you have to me nice to me. Like Nana said." Kayla repeated

Elom rolled his eyes and I pulled Kayla off Elom.

"C'mon Kayla Aunt Keke is inside and so is Papa." I held her hand walking into the house.

Zion stayed outside to help with hanging up the decorations and lights. Kekeli is in the kitchen baking and Mr.Kuwonu is watching sports on the tv. Kevin was on the other couch rooting for whatever team was playing.

"Hey um Jade can you help me make the rest of this food. Since nobody else is listening to me." Kekeli said.

"Sure no problem." I let go of Kayla's hand and she sat on the carpet and started to play a toy in her bag.

"Okay so what are we cooking today?" I asked washing my hands. 

"Well since it's just us this Christmas it's going to be mac and cheese, salad, baked chicken wings, cornbread, and salad."

"Don't forget Santa's cookies." Kayla interjected. 

"Santa had some cookies last night Kayla, does he really need some more." 

"Yeah, he told me to ask in the morning he was was gonna come back later tonight." Kayla had a big smile on her face. She looked just like her daddy.  

"Okay I'll make some cookies for Santa again." I said agreeing to her exude for more cookies.

~Caleb~
After watching Elom fail at trying to hang up the Christmas lights, we all went back into the house. Mom went to go help Jade and Kekeli in the kitchen make dinner. Dad and Kevin watching whatever sports game that was on and staring intensely at the tv. 

"Zion come up stairs so I can kick your ass in Mario Kart." Elom said

I hit Elom upside his head. "Watch your profanity."

"Oooooh Uncle Elmo said a cuss word." Kayla yelled being all dramatic.

"Ow what the fu-" Mom yelled over Elom before he could finish. 

"Go upstairs both of you. We have a three year old down here." Mom said sending the both of us upstairs.

*Few Rounds of Mario Kart*

"Elom you can kiss my ass for hitting me with that blue shell." Zion whined. 

"I'm pretty sure your fans and Jade do it enough. So I'm good." Elom replied sarcastically.

"Aye man don't talk about my wifey or the BEANZ fam. They'll roast your ass in a heart beat, and you know it."

"They can't take this heat." Elom said coming in 1st place.

Looking around in Elom's room I could see that he actually grew up over the years. I mean between PRETTYMUCH and my family, just having time to chill with Elom like this doesn't happen as often as I would like it to. 

But I value these days were I can chill and take a break.

Jade🤤💍:Come down stairs we have a surprise!

BabyZ🔐: Alright were going to finish the game

Jade🤤💍: Gucci

Once beat Elom in the last Mario Kart race we went downstairs. Everyone was standing around Kayla and it looked like she had a picture in her hand.

"Okay Kayla go." Jade said and pulled out her phone.

Kayla walked up towards elom and I and had a picture of  me and the guys from a few years ago. 

"Whose the best boyband Kayla?" Jade prompted

"PRETTYMUCH!" She yelled shaking the paper 

"Whose your favorite member Kayla?" 

I saw where this was going she was about say my name.

"Brandon."

Elom busted out laughing. I choked on air. 

What did my child just say?

"Whose your favorite member from the picture Kayla?" Jade repeated

"Brandon! Brandon! Brandon!" she said smiling hard. Everyone started laughing, including Jade.

Wow the betrayal 

"Your just gonna have to try next time with the second baby Zion." Elom said laughing harder.

"But daddy's the better Kuwonu." Kayla stated. 

Elom and everyone else got quiet real quick. I picked her up and gave her kisses on her cheek.

That's my girl

"Alright let's eat." I said enjoying the rest of the day with my family.

This is dedicated to Beanzwife

Hope you guys enjoyed it girly

And I just wanted to say thank you to all the people that read this book and vote on each chapter. Because I know how sucky this book can be. Just know I am and always will be grateful 😊