Winter Romance: Honoret💍

~Edwin~

It was 6:30 am, and cars were honking, people walking getting to their destination, and I was just sitting in a cafe watching it all pass by. These are the things I love about New York, everyday someone is getting closer to their dream. I wished to be one of those people one day. School for over for the year and I was able to spend time with mi familia. My parents enrolled me into a boarding school. So it's rare that I ever get to spend time with them.

Besides spending time with my family, I also wanted to give back to my community. Living in a big city like New York, I can't help but see people who have it harder than I do. Since it's holiday season, my heart goes out to them.No clothes,food,family, or shelter.
Taking my leftovers with me I left the dinner and,walked around the city clearing my head. Passing by an ally a group of homeless people were huddled around a beat up oil keg. They were so close to the fire that I could barely see the keg. Staring for too long one of them turned around, "If your just gonna pity us, keep walking." He walked towards me, stepping into the light I could see the built up dirt in his face.
"I-I just wanted to help." I stuttered. The man was very intimidating. His small eyes were examining my face. Doesn't help that he was much taller than me. "We don't need your charity." He spat aggressively. Turning around to walk out of the ally, I stopped when I heard a feminine voice. "Sir, excuse my husband. That was his pride talking. We'll take anything your your willing to give." She said, her husband mumbled something under his breath. I took out my take-out box and handed it to her.
"Bless your young heart." She smiled and thanked me. I smiled back at her and left the ally.

"Hey! Wait up!" Turning around again, seeing a girl with a camera in her hand. I must be popular today.
"Hi, I'm Jo Stone with the Junior Gazette program and I wanted to know why you gave your food away to that homeless couple?" She had a notepad out and clicked her pen.
"Living in New York I know the struggles of being in a big city, and I just wanted to help a stranger in need." I said
Watching her hand move across the paper.
"Are you only doing it because you pity them?" Isabelle asked
"Some might call it pity and others might say kindness."
*Flash Back Over*

~Jo~

The heat from the curling iron on my scalp pulled me out of my day dream of Edwin and I. For an assignment in Professor Harris wanted us to find an 'extraordinary but rare story' and being the procrastinator that I am I waited the day before the report was due to look for my special story. Seeing someone pay attention and be so thoughtful to the homeless made it the perfect story. And that one assignment led me to my wedding day.

December 3rd 2018

So many people were rushing back and forth through our hotel room trying to get me and themselves ready for this afternoon. My mother was taking the bobby pins out of my hair and my younger sister, Jenna, was doing my makeup.

"Oh my baby! You've grown up so fast!" She said bear hugging me.

"I know, I know."

"It feels like yesterday I was dropping you off at kindergarten." Mom teared up. Grabbing a tissue and lightly tapping the tears to prevent messing up Jenna's hard work.

"Mom, you promised me you wouldn't do this." I smiled at her, doing my best to hold back my own tears.

"Yes, I know. I'll stop for now." Going into the closet and bringing out my dress.

(Your dress and jewelry)