01| DADDY ISSUES

An enforcer is someone who fixes complications between packs and regularly inspects them and their ruling. He stood above an Alpha and owned all the territory that felt under his supervision. Someone people could call it an absolute King, but it was different.

In America they were non-existent ever since a big riot appeared in the seventeenth century and the Alphas gained back their power.

So when I met Enforcer Edward Hampton, I head no idea to which extremes his power went or who he was.

My uncle and aunt organize a charity ball once a year for the richest around the world. It's always so posh and fancy. The eve of the year. He hasn't been to one since they started, until this year.

And that's when everything starts.

/:/:/:

The view from my window was beautiful. I saw the little stream surrounded by trees and sometimes I could catch my aunt practicing her powers. Ever since I was a little girl I've been amazed by it and swore it must be magic.

I was hiding in my room after a disastrous sweet sixteen. Every time I closed my eyes I could see my father and the grin he was wearing. One so familiar when I looked into the mirror. I hated how much I looked like him as far as looks go.

Being related to that monster was so disgusting to me and I hated it. Which father would want to kill his own daughter? Even if he didn't want me, why doesn't he just leave me alone. It's not like I'm stalking him with question and demand him to love me.

I don't even want to know about his existence.

Someone knocked on my door. I honestly didn't want to be disturbed, but when I heard my aunts soft, melodic voice I wouldn't help to. She raised me as her own and I truly saw her as my mother. She was always there for me.

"Come in", I called hugging my knees to my chest.

The door cracked open and her head popped in. Her big blue eyes stood worried and her motherly face was written with sadness. I reached out my arms for her and safely landed in her chest.

"Oh, Cece, I'm so sorry", she whispered.

"Auntie, it's not your fault", I tried to assure her.

She pulled away and shook her head. How can a person be so selfless? She always out others ahead of her and I wondered how she did it. How can you be so pure and generous?

"It was supposed to be a good party, but-",

"It's Alpha James' fault. He just want to ruin my life",

I bite down on my lip and sighed. Having a psychotic father following you around and wanting to kill you was not fun. I constantly had to look over my shoulder and my uncle didn't let me leave the pack without bodyguards.

"Well, it has to stop now. You don't deserve all this drama. Your uncle and I are running through some scenarios. Alpha James has broken a few laws by crossing our territory in such a hostile way",

That didn't reassure me, but I still nodded. Somewhere deep inside I knew this fight would never stop. Or it would when he finally got his hands on me and kill me. I knew that because I knew myself. Nothing stops me from doing something I really want to do. And I got that trade from my father.