21| MATE

^^DELILAH

Third person POV

"Thank you for helping me move I to my dorm", Courtney smiled at Zeus who placed down her heavy suitcase.

A week ago they had arrived back in the Blood Moon Pack and today she was moving into her dorm at NYC. She had spent some time at Zeus' pack and it was gigantic and different from back home.

The sense of community was stronger and the pack house felt more alive. Edward was an enforcer so he had to look after many packs. Despite having him own pack, he was barely attentive because of his work. Jonathan was more of a Alpha to that pack.

"Not a problem", he dusted off his hands and looked at the small room.

"You know the offer still lays that you come live at our pack? This room seems very small", he looked at her.

She shook her head. She wanted to live in a dorm to fully experience the university experience. It was rather exciting.

"Come, I'll treat you on a drink for helping me today", she nudged him.

He laughed and walked next to her. They walked over the campus and stopped at the a small cafe. They went inside and both ordered something to drink.

Other students looked at him, especially at Zeus. He was very handsome and Courtney always joked at how he was so obvious to it.

"If it isn't our little nerd?", a frat boy laid his arm around one of the waitresses.

Zeus and Courtney both at first didn't notice what was happening. The waitress tried to get free from his grip but he ruffled her hair. Other boys and girls surrounded them and clearly bullying her.

"Don't fall", they joked and pushed her.

She fell to the ground holding the drinks for Zeus and Courtney. The two looked down at the girl. She was covered with drinks and had cuts in her hands from the glass.

Zeus stopped breathing as he stared at her. She looked like she wasn't older than sixteen. She had long light brown hair and deep blue eyes. To him she was the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen.

"Mate", he whispered it out.

Courtney's jaw dropped and she watched how he got up to help her to her feet. Tears were running down her face and he wanted to hold her close to him to comfort her.

"You shouldn't pity her. Believe me, handsome, she isn't worth it", one of the bullies told him.

She was twirling her blond hair and looked at him like he was a piece of meat. That disgusted him and he sat his mate down in his seat before turning to the bullies.

"Touch her again and I swear you'll regret it", he snapped.

He was having trouble controlling his wolf. That was bad news especially around humans.

"Do you even know her?", the frat boy of earlier demanded.

Zeus grabbed him by his collar and held him so tightly that he was choking.

"Don't make me repeat myself. I told you to leave her alone before I get real angry", he threw the boy the ground.

The group quickly ran out in fear. He turned back to his mate, who was gaping at him in shock.

"Why isn't she already healing?", he muttered under his breath.

He could tell she was a wolf. He could sniff it. She smelled powerful but he couldn't point out her rank.

"Maybe we should bring her back to the pack?", Courtney suggested while she handed several of tissues to the girl.

She visibly tensed by the mention of the pack. But before she could even object, Zeus had her raised in his arms and they were walking towards his car.

"What's your name?", he asked softly while placing her down in the backseat.

Her lips were sealed. She looked frightened. His eyes fell on her name written on her uniform.

"Delilah",