37| BACK HOME

Waking up with Edward next to me would forever feel amazing. His sleeping face was so peaceful with his wild blond hair falling in front of it. His arms were wrapped around me and I brushed through his hair with a smile.

He stirred awake and pulled me closer to him. I couldn't stop myself from giggling. His eyes popped open and a silly smile appeared on his handsome face.

"Good morning", his voice was husky.

"Good morning, handsome", I kissed his forehead.

We had arrived late from America last night. I remember him driving us home. Once I stepped on our territory, it felt like coming home.

"We had fun last night, hadn't we?", he grinned caressing my naked body.

Despite being exhausted last night, we had things to catch up on. Making love was one of them. I giggled and sat up.

"I'm hungry", I stated, holding my stomach.

"Me too", he muttered staring at my chest.

I punched him playfully and climbed out of bed. Or at least I tried. He pulled me back for a deep kiss. I loved kissing him but my stomach was crying for food.

"Come, I'll feed you", he promised and got up.

He threw me one of his shirts and a pair of underwear. I pulled it on and watched how he pulled on a pair of sweatpants. He turned his back for me and I smiled knowing what that meant.

Piggyback ride!

I jumped on his back and he ran out of the room. Like children, we bolted through the hallways. His staff was already up and they noticed us. They were smiling and welcomed me back. I smiled and my body filled with warmth. It was good to be home.

Edward sat me down on the kitchen island. I watched how he fixed us breakfast. His cook left us alone and I talked to my mate as he cooked breakfast for us. It was fun talking to him. Sometimes I felt like I fully knew him but then we got into a deep conversation and
he would tell me something new about himself.

"Here you go, my love,"

He handed me a plate filled with scrambled eggs, beans and sausages. I was pretty hungry so I was happy with the amount he gave me. We ate together and I smiled as he told me about the time Jonathan and he took Hector out to a club.

"We had a lot of fun until we lost him", he took a bite of his beans.

"Lost him?", I demanded intrigued.

"Yes, Jonathan and I spent the entire night searching the club. We still couldn't find him and were starting to panic, until Courtney messaged me that he was home",

I laughed and he held up his hand.

"When we came back home, he was in his bed with a girl",

"That sounds like the usual", I shrugged.

"True, but the girl's identity caused a lot of trouble",

"Who was she?", I asked.

"Rebecca Robertson, daughter of the Alpha of the Eclips Pack",

My jaw dropped and I laid my plate down. Hooking up with the daughter of an Alpha was the dumbest thing you could do. Their fathers were very protective of their pups, especially their girls. I've seen it with Primrose. Uncle Eros would never allow any guy to date her unless it's her mate.

"What happened?", I demanded.

"I had to settle it with her father", he handed me a cup of tea.

I knew what settle meant. Edward was so nonchalant about it but to me it was always like a slap to the face. I don't know why I always forgot he was so powerful. Maybe it was because I saw him as my mate and not as the Enforcer of the United Kingdom.

"He causes a lot of trouble but I do miss him", Edward confessed.

My hands went to his hair and I smiled softly. Hector was annoying but funny. There was always something when he was around. But he was enjoying time with his mom. They were travelling the world together and they deserved it.

"He's-",

I was cut off by Jonathan who walked in. His face looked worried and he seemed rushed. Something was wrong.

"Sorry to interrupt but Edward you have to come...help",

Help? He said it so strangely. Apparently, I was the only one who couldn't understand what that meant. Edward laid down his plate and turned to me. His face was calm but stone like. Something bad had happened.

"I was planning on telling you this but I didn't find the right timing", he sighed.

"Edward, what's going on?", I jumped of the counter.

He held my hands and I looked up at him.

"My father",

My heart dropped. I had completely forgotten about his father. So much has happened the last couple of months. That man hated and resented me because I let his mate leave the pack.

"He wants to hurt me?", I guessed.

"We've been trying to calm him down but his wolf has been gaining more and more control. He's losing grip and...", he didn't need to finish that sentence.

I knew what he meant. When we get too angry or upset for a long period of time, our wolves demand control. It was a survival mechanism but very dangerous. You could lose yourself and you would be stuck in your wolf form...permanently.

"Is he-",

We heard loud crashes. Jonathan ran out first and we followed behind. The sound came from the foyer and we saw some of the Pack Warriors trying to detain Louis, Edward's father.

They were having a hard time and had crashed on the piano. It was completely wrecked and Louis laid on top of two Warriors. They looked unconscious.

"I'm sorry, Enforcer. He's out of control, we couldn't hold him back any longer", a Warrior apologised to Edward.

Jonathan and Edward grabbed their father and dragged him to the cells. I met his eyes and they were completely black. He growled at me and tried to attack me but the boys held him back.

I wasn't scared or anything but I felt guilty. He was in this state because of me. No, I couldn't think like that. I helped Hector's mom and she was much happier now. She was stuck in that cottage for almost two decades.

They locked him up in a cell and I could hear his claws against the wall. He would soon loose control and shift.

"What will happen to him?", I asked.

Edward didn't look at me. I knew what would happen. If he would shift, he will be a danger to the pack. Meaning the Alpha will have to step in and...

Kill him.