18| CAUGHT

It only took one hour for Edward to capture all people who were responsible, including my brother. I don't know how he did it. I had no idea to what extremes his power and resources went but I'm sure that this was easy to him.

"It would've been impossible for them to run across the country without invading a pack. All packs answer to me. I just had to tell them they were wanted and they would be caught", he explained to my uncle who seemed highly impressed.

The sun was creeping through the windows and I realized we've been up the entire night. Yet I felt so awake and not tired at all. Maybe it was because of the shock?

"It's been a long night. Maybe we should get some rest", my uncle spoke and his eyes were set on me.

I looked away. I was not going to sleep. How was I supposed to? He sighed and neared me. He cupped my chin and I looked up at him. He looked worried and I didn't want to make him feel that way. But this all felt out of my hands and I felt so useless.

"You need to rest. You have nothing to fear. You have a mate that takes excellent care of you", he insisted.

Tears filled my eyes and I tried to hold them back. I knew Edward would always protect me but I hated the fact that I put him and my entire family in danger.

"Will you allow me to rest when he kills our family?",

His hands dropped to my shoulders and he forced me to look at him. The intensity of his look was intimidating but what I said made sense. My father was coming after the ones I love to hurt me. I shouldn't allow that. I shouldn't be the reason why my beloved should get hurt.

"He will never get close to our family for as long as I live. We're going to make him stop",

"How? We've been trying ever since I was born?!", I pulled away from him.

This fight has been going on for nineteen years already and I was sick and tired of it. I hated to just live with the fear of him out there plotting my death. I hated being a burden to my family.

"He killed a human. He sent a team on my grounds. He tried to hurt you. He's dead", Edward spoke up.

He was still sitting behind his desk. His blue eyes were fixated on me and I wanted to crawl into his embrace and just cry. Over the past weeks, I've become so dependable on him.

Whenever I had a nightmare about my father, he would hug me back to sleep. He's been an incredible mate already and I felt myself falling in love with him.

"We can't just march into his pack and attack them! What about the laws and the-",

"It's not the same, Celeste. James purposefully sent his team on Edwards territory. This isn't just between two packs", My uncle explained.

I still felt very confused. I remembered my sixteenth birthday party when my father invaded my uncle's pack. Since I was his biological daughter, he only had to pay a large fine. Normally when an Alpha attacks another Alpha's territory, the Alphas would have to battle it out. The winner gets it all.

"I'm an Enforcer. If I think an Alpha is stepping out of line, I'm free to deal with him however I please", Edward raised himself from his seat.

He was still dressed in a cotton white pair of pants. During the ceremony, he had been shirtless but now he had a shirt on. His blond hair was a perfect mess and I felt the urge to fix it.

"Even if it's a completely different country that doesn't even have enforcers?", I questioned.

He laid his arms around me and I buried my head in his chest. It felt good to touch him, it made me calm down and relax. He caressed my hair softly and whispered in my ear.

"For you, I would do anything",

I believed him.

./././././././././././

I held into Edward's hand as we neared the cells. My heart was racing and I tried to tame it down but couldn't. I had met my brother before but I was petrified of seeing him again. He was the spitting image of our father.

"Don't let him smell your fear, my angel", Edward pressed a kiss on his mark in my neck.

Suddenly my fear washed away and I looked at him. He was giving me parts of his courage through our mate bond. He didn't want me to come at first since he would get harsh with the prisoners. But I had to be there, I owned that to a lot of people who were in this mess because of me.

"Sissy", those were his first words when we walked in.

Tristan, Edward's Gamma, had opened the door for us. He walked in behind us holding a silver chain. Was that a torture device?

"Let's make a few things very clear before we start the interrogation", Edward started.

He approached the three men including my brother. They all looked alike and the youngest seemed to be Primrose's age. Were they all brothers? My brothers?

"You will not approach my mate unless she speaks to you first. When I feel like you're in any way threatening her, I'll leave the choice to you. My fists or the silver chains", he spat.

The youngest seemed to nearly faint from the pressure. Edward was beyond scary and if I would be in their place I would be begging for forgiveness.

"We're heirs of an Alpha! You're not allowed to hurt us-", Edward cut the boy next to my brother off by punching him hard.

He spat out blood and some teeth. I took a step back and regretted insisting on coming along. Blood and I just didn't go together. I got unwell from just watching it.

"They're my younger brothers. Direct your questions towards me", the eldest spoke up after glancing at the youngest.

I started to pity him. His dark hair hung in front of his blue eyes. His face was pale and tears were threatening to fall. He looked no older than sixteen.

"Names", I demanded.

The eldest looked at me.

"My name is Elijah", He introduced himself.

"This is Gabriel", he pointed at the one spitting up blood.

"This is Arthur", he pointed at the youngest.

"James is your father?", I asked directed to all.

They nodded and suddenly I got three brothers.