15| PREPARING

^SUSAN^

Last night everybody passed out after dessert, especially Primrose who had to be carried to her room by her dad. She was just very sensitive to time-lapses and jetlags.

I sat at the breakfast table next to Edward and we were one of the first ones awake, so we had the room for ourselves for a while. He took advantage of that by kissing me and feeding me.

Not that I minded.

The door opened and Courtney's head popped in. An embarrassed smile filled her full lips and she walked in, holding her hands together. She looked scared to look Edward in the eyes.

She was supposed to be here yesterday during dinner.

"I'm sorry, Alpha", she bowed her head.

Edward was quiet and stared at her. I nudged him and gave him a look. He nodded at me as he understood me.

"You're lucky we like you too much, otherwise...",

She let out a breath of relief and I smiled at him. He understood what I meant just by a look.

"Come and sit down", I waved her over and she did.

When she sat down my aunt and uncle walked in. They were holding hands and smiling at each other as always. I stood up to greet them and frowned when I noticed their children weren't with them.

"Where are Zeus and Prim?", I asked.

"Primrose is still sleeping. Zeus is trying to wake her up", my aunt explained and I nodded.

I wouldn't expect them any time soon since it was an absolute hell to wake Primrose up after a flight. It was just impossible, but I had faith in Zeus.

"This is Courtney, my little sister", Edward introduced her.

They greeted each other and we all settled down to continue breakfast. Soon everybody started to arrive. Jonathan and Susan, Elizabeth and her parents. Harper was not happy to see Courtney.

Before things could get extremely awkward, Courtney excused herself. Just as she walked out, Zeus and Primrose walked in. They bumped into each other and apologized. I frowned when I saw a faint blush on Zeus' cheeks. He never got affected by girls, except for...

No, they couldn't be mates. If so he would have immediately claimed her and not let her walk away.

I shook my head and bit down on my toast.

"You should be getting ready for the ceremony, dear", Harper told me.

I nodded as I looked at her. She was very nice to me but I just didn't like the way she acted towards Hector and Courtney. Still she was Edwards mother and I respected her. Also it wasn't my place to judge her or get upset with her.

"I'll see you soon", I whispered to Edward.

He pressed a kiss on my cheek and I walked out of the room. Susan followed me out since she would help me get ready. Over the past days we've grown closer and I saw her as a friend.

We entered my room and I started to undress. Susan went to get my dress and I looked into the mirror. There was a small scar on my stomach from falling down from a tree when I was little. I didn't used to think much of it but now I felt embarrassed.

What if he got disgusted by it? What if he got disgusted by me? No! Edward wasn't like that. I was just getting nervous, I was happy with the way I looked. I'm sure he would me want any other way just like I want him. I don't care what he looks like.

"Don't get cold feet", a voice sang.

I screamed when I saw Hector sitting on the bed. Frantic I pulled a blanket against my body and glared at him.

"What are you doing here?? Get OUT!", I demanded.

"Calm your tits, sweetheart", he chuckled.

Susan ran in from my walk-in-closet and slapped Hector harshly. She started to lecture him but he just seemed amused.

"Suzy, don't be like that", he joked and laid his arms around her.

"You won't call me that when I report this to Edward", she snapped and got free from his tight grip.

What did he have with touching his brothers mates? Hector sat up in defeat and looked at me. I was still angry at him but I sensed something was up.

"Wait here. I'm going to get dressed", I ordered him and ran into the bathroom.

Susan handed me the dress and I quickly pulled it on. We would do my hair and makeup after I dealt with Hector. When I walked back out, he was reading through Edwards books.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

He looked at me and took me in. A small smile crossed his lips.

"You look lovely",

"Hector", I insisted.

He just stared at me and emotions stood all over his face but they were too much. He was heaving a inwardly fight with himself.

"I'm sorry for walking in on you like that. It was very inappropriate of me. You're my brothers mate", he apologised.

"Well, can you tell me why you walked in?", I questioned.

Why couldn't he just get to the point? I had to get ready.

"It was stupid. Just forget about it",

Before I could stop him, he rushed out of the room. I felt confused and turned to Susan, who just shrugged.

"I've never really understood that boy", she confessed honestly.

I nodded and she pulled me back in the bathroom to do my hair. I couldn't get rid of the thought. What if it wasn't something stupid? What if it was important?

What did he have to say?