12| SISTER

^COURTNEY^

Hector had locked himself up in his room and didn't want to speak to anybody. Not even Courtney. She was pretty upset about it and I made sure to stay by her side. The next day we spent at the pack, shopping and having lunch together.

She told me about what she planning to do. She would start university next year and she was pretty excited about that.

"Away from here would do me good", she sighed.

"Well, know that you'll be missed. Especially by me. Where shall I find someone who is just as obsessed with mozzarella sticks as I?",

It made her giggle and I was happy to lighten up her mood a bit. When we walked back to the pack, we talked about mates and relationships.

"Aren't you excited to meet your mate?", I asked her.

"Not really, I'm sure he'll be pretty disappointed with me", she muttered.

I stared at her. How could she say that? Courtney was the most beautiful girl I had ever met, on the in- and outside. She had long glossy brown hair and deep blue eyes. Full lips and a thin nose and eyelashes I dream off. Other than that she was kind, funny and caring.

"You're an amazing girl, Courtney! I'm sure that your made will be very happy once he meets you", I assured her.

She didn't look certain, but I laid my arm around her shoulder and smiled brightly. She sighed and laid hers around my waist. We arrived at the mansion and I frowned when I saw a car parked out front that I never saw before.

It was a black Roll Royce.

"Shit", Courtney cursed.

Her grip loosened and she set course back to the pack, when a loud and obnoxious voice called her back.

"Courtney!",

I looked over my shoulder at a tall blonde. She was wearing a skin tight white dress with matching stilettos. Her hair fell to her tiny waist and was luscious and full. She raised her sunglasses and a pair of familiar blue eyes whelmed up with mischievousness.

"Elizabeth", Courtney forced out.

Elizabeth?

"You're Edwards sister?", I asked.

He told me about his little sister. She was constantly travelling the world and gave him headaches, as he told me. She would come back home for our mating ceremony, only did I not expect her right now.

"Yes, you must be Celeste. His mate?", she looked at me like she was judging me.

I nodded, feeling uncomfortable. She crossed her arms over her promising chest and stared at Courtney and I like we were little children. That put me off.

"I don't understand why my brother allows you to live on his property. His mates family is coming and they'll see your ugly face", she snapped coldly at Courtney.

What was her problem? I looked at Courtney, expecting her to defend herself, but she didn't. Her eyes filled with tears and she looked down at her feet, defenceless. She wasn't like this usually. What was going on?

"There is no need to be so mean towards her", I told her.

She let out a laugh and stared at me. She neared me and I frowned at her. She was much taller than me and I felt slightly intimidated.

"Don't protect that bastaard child. If you know what's good for you, you don't tell me what to do. Don't except me treating you like a Queen only because you're my brothers mate", 

She turned around and walked away. Was she serious? I glared at her, but that gave her satisfaction.

"Repeat yourself", a heavy voice behind her snapped.

Hector had his hands pushed in his pockets and was fully on glaring at Elizabeth. She turned to him, slightly surprised and almost scared?

"What are you doing here?", she asked.

"How many times do I have to tell you to leave my baby sister alone?", he growled.

Edward was right when it comes to Hector protecting his little sister. He reminded me of Zeus when some boy in school bullied Primrose. Let's just say the boy changed schools very fast when Zeus was done with him.

"I...I...", she tried to form a sentence but failed miserably.

"You leave her and Celeste alone. Edward may give you money, but when I tell him you're harassing his beloved Celeste-",

"Don't!", she cried out in panic.

Hector grinned cockily and came over to us. He laid his arm around me and Courtney. She held into him and I felt bad for her, she looked very upset.

"Bother them once more and I'll tel Edward about what you just did to Celeste. Not even your dumb puppy dog eyes will save you", he snapped and pulled us along.

We walked inside towards the living room. I sat down in the sofa, exhausted, next to Courtney.

"You shouldn't let that bitch get to you", Hector told her.

She was quiet and I heard her sob softly. Before I could comfort her, Hector pulled her on his lap and let her cry in his chest.

"Hey, I'm sorry that I was rough on you", he apologised.

I decided to let them have their private moment, but suddenly Edward and Lewis walked in. I stood up and walked to my mate, who was frowning.

"Your sister is home", I whispered and he sighed.

My eyes went to Lewis who walked over to them and tried to comfort Courtney, but Hector told him off. I watched how they started to fight over who could comfort her, which was not helping at all.

"She's my baby sister!", Hector growled.

Lewis growled deeper, it was much more dominant and intimidating. He used to be an Enforcer so I wasn't really surprised.

"I'm going home to mom", Courtney announced amidst their fighting.

"No, you're staying", Lewis insisted.

She rolled her eyes and when she tried to walk away, he held her back.

"Court, I knew Lizzie is hard on you, but your brother is getting mated and I haven't seen you in four months",

The look in his eyes reminded me of my uncle Eros when he looked at Primrose. It was that look of ultimate adoration and protection. A fatherly look I always got from my uncle. Lewis cared immensely for Courtney, but she didn't want to see that or plainly ignored it.

"You can go, but I want you to be present at the dinner tomorrow with Cece's family. You're my little sister and I want my entire family present", Edward spoke up.

A relieved look filled her face and she gave him a tight hug before hurrying away. Maybe it was for the best for her to get away from here for a while, but her father didn't look all too pleased.