05| HOME

Ten hours later and I wondered if my mate was a royal heir looking at the place he called his home. It was a gigantic castle. My jaw dropped as we drove onto the property and it took us a while before we neared the head entrance.

Was this all his land?

"Do you have a pack?", I asked my head stuck to the window.

"A small one, but they don't live on my property. They live a bit further", he explained.

From where we just came was basically a village of villas. How rich was his pack? I kept forgetting that he was an enforcer. More powerful than an Alpha, much more looking at all this.,

"So you live alone?", I wondered.

"No, my Beta and Gamma with their mates, some close friends and family besides the staff",

"Staff?!", my voice jumped ten octaves high just as he parked the car in front of the gigantic brown door.

Staff ran down the stairs and hurried to collect all the luggage. I felt overwhelmed and gaped at my mate. He had actual staff? Was this going to be my life?

"Your family is wealthy. Didn't you have staff?",

"My aunt thinks it makes us lazy and my uncle is very humble, he doesn't like to show off his wealth",

Edward just chuckled and climbed out of the car. I did the same and took in the gorgeous scenery. A smile formed on my lips and I got excited. This made me feel like a princess.

"Enforcer Hamilton, welcome home",

A young man hurried down the steps and lowered his head as a sign of respect and submission. He was holding a red map close to his chest. From experience I knew that didn't meant good news. Back at my old pack that meant attack or crisis.

"Celeste, this is Ian, my personal assistant", Edward laid his arm around my waist.

"Ian, this is Celeste, my mate", he introduced me.

Ian smiled happily, he seemed nice and friendly. So I reached out my hand to shake his, but he didn't respond. He nervously gazed at Edward, who grasped my hand without explaining what's going on. Did I do something rude or wrong?

"I'm sorry to bother you with this, Enforcer Hamilton, but we have a red", he handed over the red map.

Edward just held it and I could tell that they were mind linking. He turned to me finally with a blank expression.

"I'll have someone bring you to our chamber. Please stay there until I return",

Out of nowhere a woman popped up lowering her head in front of us. I frowned up to Edward, but he just stroked my back and softly pushed me towards the woman.

"What's going on?", I asked.

"Nothing for you to worry about, Celeste, I'll be back in no time", he promised before turning his back.

I watched him step back in the car with Ian and drive off the god knows where. I didn't like it that he just went off like that without telling me anything.

I just hoped he would come back soon.

/:/:/:/:

The woman who introduced herself as Haley asked me if I was hungry to which I answered yes. She smiled and told me to just wait in the incoming hall, someone would come and get me to lead me to the kitchen soon while she went to put my stuff away.

I waited patiently and took in the breathtaking diamond chandelier above my head. A memory of my aunts and uncle annual ball flashed in front of me and I suddenly missed them. I should probably call them and say I've arrived.

Whilst searching for my phone, voices seemed to come closer. I looked up and saw a girl throwing another girl by her neck through the air over the piano. She landed right at the my feet and I bowed down to help her up.

"Don't fucking touch that slut!", the girl roared in rage.

I ignored her and helped her up. She was crying and I just then noticed what she was wearing. Let me just say that it was not much, only a pair of white undies and a crop top. I sat her down in the small sofa behind us and laid a blanket over her.

"And who are you?", the raging girl suddenly grabbed my arm tightly.

"One of Hectors little whores?",

My eyes widened and I punched her hard in the stomach. She flew backwards and I inspected my arm for any marks, luckily not.

"Will you calm down?", I snapped, but she got back on her feet.

It didn't look like she would calm down soon, because she came back in to fight. Luckily she was stopped by another voice.

"Courtney, get yourself under control", this belonged to a man.

Both me and Courtney turned turned to him and I immediately looked away. He was butt naked. Courtney started to insult him and they soon started to scream at each other.

Does Edward really with these people?

"What the bloody hell is going one in here?",

Another man walked through the front door, luckily with clothes on. He was wearing a grey dress pants with a white dress shirt. He had dark blond hair and bright blue eyes. He looked a bit like Edward.

"Courtney is being an annoying bitch", the naked man spoke.

"Pull on some clothes, Hector", the other spat throwing another blanket to him.

So this was Hector. Courtney accused me of being one of his 'whores'.

"And who are you?", he questioned looking at me.

I had my back turned to him, but when he approached me I turned to him. I kept my hand to my side to cover Hector. Even though Edward and me haven't really gotten to know each other, looking at another man naked was inappropriate.

"Celeste, I'm Edwards mate", I spoke

His eyes widened and Courtney ran to my side bowing deeply, showing her neck to me. A sign of respect.

"I'm so sorry, I thought-", she was cut off by the door opening.

Edward walked in followed by Ian. They took in the scene and I made eye contact with him. There was a lot to explain.