34| THIS IS MY FIGHT

There was so much noise around me. I sat in the infirmary watching how soldiers got cared for, how my family was arguing, and how Primrose was chatting with Amarion, who I guessed was her mate. The fact that an ancient god could be her mate, hadn't fully setten in with me. She just turned sixteen, she was just a kid. Or maybe that was my perception of her.

So many others found their mates at the age of sixteen, it was very custom. I just couldn't imagine my little cousin in love and together with somebody. Why did that scare me so much? Was I afraid of watching her grow up?

"I'm not letting her fight that psychopath!", Edward exploded, making the entire room go silent.

I stared at him. This was the first time that he lost his control. He was usually so composed and calm. Now his chest was moving up and down rapidly and his face was red. His wolf was surfacing. I stood up and laid my hand on his chest to calm him down.

"You know I have to. I can't let anyone else die for me. I can end this, Edward", I told him calmly.

People have died in this stupid battle. All because of me. I couldn't let that happen anymore. I watched my own cousin die, I didn't want others to go through the same pain. I had the power to end this right here. My fear should not get the best of me.

"Now really isn't the time to talk about morals, Cece", he told me, sighing.

I chuckled softly. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly. He knew that what I was saying made sense. He just didn't want to accept it. Who was he to blame? I would react the same if he was in this situation.

"You don't have to do this. We outnumber him", Zeus told me.

Next to him stood a young girl, about Primrose's age. She had long light brown hair and pretty blue eyes. Her name was Delilah, she was his mate. When I first arrived here, he had introduced me to her. Just like then, she was holding into his arm and hiding behind him. She was very shy but Zeus assured me she got scared meeting new people and needed time to open up.

"This is my fight", I insisted.

He looked down in defeat. My family worried about me. Whatever I said, they would never like the idea of me fighting my father. But we had no other option. This was my fight, my chance to end this all right now.

I can't take that chance for granted.

"I know this is hard for you all but I can't let anyone else die for me",

"Sweetheart, we-", I cut my aunt off.

"We almost lost Primrose, auntie",

Everybody was dead silent. They knew she was right. They would loose many more if they would all go out to fight. Yet it didn't assure them enough that she would be safe.

"All I ask of you is faith. I believe I'm strong enough to defeat him",

My aunt tried to catch her tears but she couldn't stop herself from sobbing. I don't know if that was because she was proud of me or scared for my life. Perhaps both. My uncle pulled her close to him and kissed her forehead.

He hadn't said anything yet. I had expected him to.

"Make sure he suffers", he told me with faith filling his eyes.

He believed in me. I felt pride fill my body and I nodded at him. He trained me my entire life and the fact that he believed in me, made me feel amazing. It gave me confidence.

I wanted to thank him but I heard a loud horn. It was time to fight. We had decided for both parties to rest for a while before fighting.

Edward walked with me to the middle point. A circle was already formed out of warriors of the Felix Pack. He pushed them out of our way and we entered the middle where my father awaited me.

"I thought you might've gotten cold feet", he laughed and the others followed.

I turned to Edward. His blue eyes turned black and I could see it was hard for him to control his wolf. So I kissed him. Whistles surrounded us but I didn't care.

"I love you", I whispered.

"I love you too. More than you'll ever know, Celeste. You brought happiness to my life and I will be forever thankful for that",

He kissed my forehead so tenderly that I had to fight back tears. I had reasons to fight but he was my biggest one. I wanted a life with him. I wanted to be his Luna, his wife, and his mate for the rest of my life.

"Are you ready to die, daughter", my father  asked with a disgusting smirk.

"Are you?",

We jumped to each other and the fight started.