16| MATING CEREMONY

Every step that I took was a step closer to the start of a new life. A step further from my childhood, innocence, and old life. I wanted to mate with Edward, so badly. Yet I still felt scared and uncertain.

He was an amazing man and I was falling in love with him. He was my mate, we were destined to be together.

But I couldn't shake off the internal fear I had. There was still a part of me that longed to go back to my old life, scared to let that go.

"Don't worry, honey. I know it must be scary but it's a new chapter", my aunt saw my worries.

I was so grateful for her by my side.

"I don't know why I'm so scared. I really want to mate him but I...",

I sighed and tried to control my heartbeat. I was just having cold feet, nothing more. I had to suck it up because I knew I wanted this more than anything.

"It's scary to suddenly be mature and settling down with your mate. Those worries you have are just temporary. Once you'll see Edward, they will all wash away", she assured me.

She pulled me in for a tight hug and I held into her. She was the closest person I'll ever have to my mother. She took that role upon herself and never complained.

"I love you, auntie. More than you know", I whispered to her.

"Stop it! You're going to make me cry and that's only for later!", she scolded me with a soft smile.

I giggled and let her go. She walked to her seat and I went to my spot. The ceremony was about to start.

/:/:/:/:

My fears washed away when my eyes met Edwards. I was walking towards him and finally met his hands in front of the altar. His hands were warm and I held into them tightly.

On the front row sat our families and behind them some pack members. They were all smiling brightly and it gave me more courage to continue.

"A mark shall seal the ceremony",

We were already at the end. It had flew by so rapidly.

Edward leaned closer and pushed my hair behind my shoulder. I held into his arms tightly and closed my eyes. The mark would hurt.

His fangs entered my skin and I winced a bit until the pleasure filled my body. Everything for brighter and better. I felt my senses heighten and my body grow stronger.

He pulled away and smiled softly at me. I grinned up at him and now it was my turn to make him. I had to step on my tiptoes to reach his neck. Chuckles surrounded me and Edward held me tightly so I wouldn't trip.

When I bite into his skin, it felt strange. I had no idea if it pleased him or not but I felt his grip on me tighten. I pulled out and tasted iron in my mouth. It was blood.

Edward pulled me in a tight embrace and cheers surrounded us. I felt complete and warm in this moment. Why did I ever fear this? It was a moment I would treasure forever or at least so I thought.

/:/:/:/:/:

After the ceremony there was a party along with the pack and so many people came to congratulate us. I tried to thank them all but I felt overwhelmed by the love. I've never felt so beloved before in my entire life. People always used to take a detour away from me when they figured out who I was.

I was dangerous to them and honestly, I didn't blame them.

"Luna, this present was sent to you", Tristan, our Gamma, handed me a big square box.

It felt weird to be called Luna and I would have to get used to that. After I thanked him I laid the box down on the table and Primrose next to me watched with anticipation.

"What if it's something expensive?", she grinned.

"You are so-", I cut myself off when I opened the box.

All I could do was scream and back away. Primrose frowned and looked inside. I pulled her back as she screamed in fear. My heart was racing and I held into my cousin as if my life depended on it.

"What's wrong?", Edward ran to my side.

I could speak, I could only point. He took me in concerned and neared the box. When he looked inside, I saw the shock on his face. People started to surround us and Jonathan started to back them away, ending the party.

They weren't trying to cause a scene. My aunt pulled Primrose and I aside and tried to comfort her the best I could but I couldn't get the image out of my head.

"What was it? What scared you?", she asked us.

I couldn't even properly breathe, how was I supposed to reply to that?

"It was a cut off head", Primrose cried off.

That wasn't even the worst part.

"It was Daisy",

Daisy was a friend of mine.