5

okay-ish editing, I haven't even read over this... WELP

________

It's not my fault the last part didn't save correctly!! Sigh that's why there are so many typos 😧 sorry that this chapter came out kinda late, school is a bitch.

________

As I started to walk out of the camp, followed by latch, I started to look for my traps. To make sure we did not end up getting trapped. How funny would that be? The trapper getting trapped by their own trap! A sly giggle came out of me as I walked on the rough land.

"D-do you think the traps will have caught anything?" Latch asked. I honestly had no clue, I shrugged my shoulders at this.

As we walked over the forest I felt it again! I gave a look over my shoulder to see latch looking around making sure nothing was following us. How could there be something following us when there is nothing to do so?

I climbed over a log to see my first trap. I walked around it and gave a low sigh, nothing. I looked at latch and shook my head no.

Not letting this hold me back, I head on to the next one. Latch covering the ground behind us, keeping a close eye. After all we were supposed to be in a rather large forest with aliens. Doesn't sound that bad when you sum it up really.

Being careful about the noise we made as we walked, we soon came across the next trap. Giving it a look I realised it had caught a small rabbit. A smile twinkled across my face as I grab the trap.

I killed the rabbit fast so it could not have felt pain. Then I put it in my backpack. Latch couldn't bare to watch as I did so. He covered his mouth as I reset the trap.

"Th-the poor b-bunny..." latch wined, guess he wasn't much of a survive then. He looked at the bunny with doubtful and horrid eyes. Maybe he had seen someone kill something before. I gave him a strange look as he stared at the bunny.

"latch..." i started, "the bunny didn't feel anything due to the way I took its life. It has a better home now.." latch gave me those puppy dog eyes as he sighed, gesturing that he gave up.

We continue onto the next trap, no words on conversation had started between us. It scared me a little and I wanted to be friends with him due to the fact I've practically been put off as an outcast because i'm a girl. Makes me mad but I have to deal with selfish ass-wholes in my life.

"Sooo...?" I start, hoping over some roots to look at him. He gives me a look of disbelief as we walk on. I take a note not to kill anything in front of him. Or at least be gentle about it, I guess we are very different people... very different stories

If someone doesn't like murder would they like other things like.... love? Beauty? Nature... nature!! I bend down and pick up a flower for him. He doesn't notice I have it for him ignoring me all of a sudden but I had an idea!

"Sorry for that thing earlier..." I apologize while handing the flower to him. I just killed the rabbit to make sure we don't starve. He must realised that right?

"Uh-.... its no problem sparrow. I should be able to handle it.. i'm starting to get used to it so don't worry!" He gives me a shaky smile.

"Don't wear yourself out okay? Cool!" I smile back and he continued. Going to the rest of the traps, only finding three more rabbits. It was the first day and if you ask me that's not half bad!

As we start to see camp it had already hit mid day. It was cold, really cold... latch gives me the rabbits that I couldn't hold and I sit them down on a log.