Bounty Hunter

It was a cool night and the breeze made the curtains move like spectres. Kanna walked towards the balcony so she could look at the stars, like she did every night. The stars reminded her to think of the bigger picture - remember that there was an entire universe that existed way before her and that would remain long after she was gone. As she observed the vast horizon of this new planet her prince had just conquered, she wondered if the path she had chosen was the right one.

"Bigger picture, Kanna." she whispered to herself. "This is much bigger than you."

Then, a tall figure made his way towards the balcony. When Kanna sensed his presence, she turned her face towards him.

"Prince Lotor, good evening." she greeted the handsome man, with long white hair and purple skin.

"Kanna, you know you can call me Lotor." he smiled. "So, how are you enjoying the view of our new land?"

His presence, which once filled Kanna with excitement and happiness, now made her uneasy. When she joined Prince Lotor on his mission to conquer the universe, she believed in what he stood for. Peace through unity, she thought. Now, she wasn't so sure.

"Its a beautiful planet." she said. "I just wonder if it is our right to call it ours."

Lotor's face fell.

"Kanna, you know our mission. You understand why we fight."

Kanna turned her face to the stars and replied:

"Yes, I know. Bigger picture, right?"

---

Her eyes shot open, and Kanna realized she had been dreaming.

Dreams of her time fighting alongside Prince Lotor had been more frequent lately. They made it hard for her to forget the mistakes from her past.

"Alright Kanna, you have a job to do

"Alright Kanna, you have a job to do." she reminded herself.

Kanna was a bounty hunter. She was hired by governments, powerful leaders and the wealthy members of alien societies to find and capture the most wanted fugitives and criminals in the galaxy. It was hard work, but it payed well. And Kanna had just the right skills to do it.

Her current contract brought her to a planet far off her usual route, but the reward was worth it. The planet, from afar, looked like a giant cloud. However, as she approached, she had a visual of the planet's rocky terrain. The atmosphere seemed to be in a state of permanent storm, which would not make the landing of her spacecraft easy.

"Damn, this better be worth it." Kanna clicked her tongue, annoyed.

The fugitive she was hired to find was last seen landing on this strange place, but she had no clue where to go from there.

Once she landed, Kanna gathered her weapons and left her spaceship.

As her feet touched the ground, a strange feeling shot through her body. She suddenly had an intuition that told her exactly where to go. Like an instinct, but stronger. It made Kanna uneasy.

"I don't like this place. The sooner I find this man, the sooner I can leave."

Having no leads, she decided to go where her instinct lead her, and it lead her into a cave.

The cave walls were covered in fluorescent crystals, which made it easy to navigate. It was beautiful, she thought. Looked just like the stars in the sky.

As she made her way through the cave, Kanna encountered several twists and turns, but it posed no problem since she knew exactly where to go. She saw drawings on the walls depicting constellations, as well as some kind of winged lion. While she walked, she felt a tingling sensation on her skin which made her hairs lift up.

Kanna somehow knew she was getting closer. But she had no idea what she was getting closer to.

After a few minutes, she reached the end of a tunnel and was shocked to see what was in front of her: she was standing before a giant sphere. Inside the sphere, a massive robot lion was sitting, as if it was waiting for something.

"What in the world is this?" she whispered, slowly stepping closer.

Suddenly, the sphere started dissolving and bright neon lights started shining from the lion.

Kanna jumped back and got into a fighting stance - it might have made her look intimidating, but in reality, she was prepared to run for her life, because she knew she couldn't fight anything that big.

The lion, however, didn't attack. It lowered its head to the ground, and opened its enormous mouth revealing a ramp that seemed to lead inside it.

"You want me to go in?" Kanna scoffed. "In your dreams Hello Kitty, I'm know a trap when I see one."

She turned around to walk away, despite everything inside her telling her to stay.

She chose to ignore the feeling and keep going, but as she walked, the lion followed.

The creature stepped forward so that its open mouth stood once again right behind Kanna.

"What? Are you serious?"

She stood still for a few minutes, looking at the lion with its mouth open. Eventually, she shook her head and pressed her fingers to the bridge of her nose.

"I guess we're walking into the space lion's mouth, because what else would I do." Kanna sighed. "Ugh, and then I wonder how I get myself into so many bad situations."

Inside the lion, she encountered a chair and a control panel.

"Would you look at that! It's a spaceship!" she said, excitedly.

Kanna sat down on the chair and grabbed onto the handles. Suddenly, all the lights inside the cabin turned on.

"So, you're awake." she smirked. "What are you doing in this cave?"

Before Kanna could do anything else, the lion started moving.

Moving would actually be an understatement - it started flying, really, really fast.

"HOLY HAGFISH WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" she screamed, grabbing onto the seat nervously.

Desperately clicking every button on the panel seemed to not make any difference, so Kanna reached a hopeless state of just sitting there screaming.

Once she regained her composure, she noticed they were approaching a planet, and it dawned on her that she was probably being kidnapped.

"i knOw A TRaP wHeN I See OnE." she mumbled to herself. "Yeah, great going Kanna, you totally evaded this one."

The lion flew into the planet's atmosphere, and traveled straight towards a beautiful white castle.

"Jeez, where are we?" Kanna wondered, as the lion began to land inside the castle.

She sat on the pilot's chair dumbfounded for a few seconds, looking around and trying to process the situation.

"DAMMIT!" Kanna facepalmed. "I left all of my stuff on that cloud planet. Stupid lion!"

As she said that, all the lights on the cabin went out.

"Oh, so I hurt your feelings?" she asked, crossing her arms. "How do you think I feel?"

Kanna noticed the lion's mouth was open once again, and she took it as a sign it was time to leave.

She walked off the space lion into a massive hangar, where she saw three other lions just like the one that had brought her there.

"Hello?" she shouted into the empty corridors of the strange castle. "Anybody here?"