The End is the Beginning

Voltron emerged in the final alternate reality, the world Honerva had been searching for.

There, they were greeted by her mecha, ready to attack.

"She looks angry for someone who just found her perfect world." said Lance.

"Something tells me it didn't quite work out the way she wanted." frowned Kanna, still in severe pain from the energy she had to compile.

"We have to take the fight as far away from here as we can." said Keith, referring to the innocent Alteans below them.

Voltron then flew towards an open field, leading Honerva away from the city.

"Incoming!" said Pidge, as a laser shot made its way towards them.

"Form shield!" commanded Keith, and Lance and Pidge activated their bayards.

The paladins were able to block the attack, but Honerva used the diversion to escape through the space-time rift.

"She's getting away!" said Hunk.

"We won't let her." growled Shiro. "Let's go!"

When they passed through the rift, however, they did not emerge in another reality.

Everything was dark, except for one bright source of light, releasing sparks of energy that surrounded the space around them.

"What is this place?" asked Lance.

"I-I'm not sure." replied Allura.

"This is the beginning." Honerva's voice echoed through space. "And the end."

Her mecha appeared seemingly out of thin air, and struck one of the energy sparks emerging from the light source. As it came apart, scenes of planets and cities and universes began to appear as if leaking out of a container.

"These strands are..." whispered Kanna.

"The only remaining realities left in existence." said Lance.

"This place is the source of time, of space, of..." Pidge explained.

"Everything." continued Hunk.

"I will end this once and FOR ALL!" screamed Honerva, as she began to cut down every strand.

"She's destroying them all!" said Allura.

"No. Please." Kanna felt her body shake with desperation.

"We can't let his happen." said Keith. "She will end all of existence. Paladins, it's now or never."

Voltron charged towards the witch, and began to push her into the source of the strands - the energy source of all that is, will be and ever was.

---

The paladins stood side by side, surrounded by nothing but energy and light.

Before them, kneeled the witch Honerva.

"Where are we?" she asked, furiously.

"The connected consciousness of all existence." said Allura.

"You think you're safe here?" said Honerva. "Soon all will cease to exist."

"You have to stop this." said Hunk. "All these worlds, all these realities, they deserve to live."

"Those realities are flawed and weak, living out the same pathetic cycle of war and pain."

"There is beauty in their flaws. It pains me that you would get to a point as to forget everything that makes life beautiful." said Kanna, stepping forward. She was limping and holding her side, because of the pain she still felt. "I have suffered so much in my life, but I still remember - the sound of a child laughing, the warmth of the sun on your face in the morning, the feeling of someone's skin against yours... you have felt all of it, Honerva. I know you have. And if you think life needs to be about more than just those simple moments, you are missing the point."