Earth

The paladins accelerated the lions to the max, since they were overjoyed to arrive on Earth.

As they approached the solar system, however, they picked up on a distress signal coming from home.

"This is Commander Sam Holt of Earth, sending an alert to the universe. Our planet has been conquered by the Galra. Please contact Voltron, we need their help."

Team Voltron was shocked upon hearing Commander Holt's message.

"ITS MY DAD! I need to get in contact with him!" said Pidge, as she furiously tapped on her screen attempting to reach the Garrison with her communication device.

"Dad, it's Pidge! Can you hear me?" said Pidge. "Dad?"

A few moments of silence followed, but Commander Holt finally responded:

"Pidge! Its you! I'm so glad you are okay!"

"Dad, we're coming back!"

"No Pidge, you cannot bring the lions to Earth! Sandek has come looking for Voltron, and if you bring them he will hold all of humanity hostage to get you to hand them over."

Pidge turned to the other paladins.

"Guys, what do we do?" she asked.

"I have a plan." said Shiro.

---

The paladins flew to one of Jupiter's moons and hid the lions amongst rocky formations on its surface.

They left Kaltenecker and the mice inside the lions with some food, and flew off in a Galra ship they managed to intercept.

When they finally arrived on Earth, however, it looked nothing like the home they remembered.

Cities were in shambles, streets were empty, and the air reeked of fear and destruction.

"Wait a minute, I know this place. I've been here!" said Hunk. "This is Platte City! About half an hour from the Garrison!"

But the city was barely recognizable. All that was left was the ghost of what it once was.

"Wow." said Lance. "I can't believe this is all that's left of it."

"We need to get to the Garrison." said Keith. "Stay together. Let's move quick and quiet."

Team Voltron made their way through the ruined streets of Platte City, stying alert for any Galra presence.

It didn't take long until they were attacked.

Galra drones appeared in the skies and started taking shots at the paladins.

"Take cover!" shouted Lance, as he attempted to bring some drones down with his bayard.

Hunk and Lance successfully took down the first swarm of drones, but before the team could continue moving, more shots started incoming. This time, they came from the ground.

They ran to hide behind the rubbles, as a group sentries made their way towards them.

"This is worse than I imagined." said Pidge.

"What do we do now?" asked Hunk.

In that instant, two armed cars appeared, running over the sentries.

Two Garrison soldiers emerged from it, shooting down the drones.

"Stay down, we got this." said one of the soldiers.

"Let's get out of here before more show up." said the other.

The paladins exchanged looks of surprise, but complied with the soldiers as they led them into the vehicles.