Battle Scars

*WARNING*: sexually explicit content

---

The Atlas crew and the paladins of Voltron stood before a crowd of onlookers, as they made the final announcements to the people of Earth before departure.

"This will be perhaps the most defining moment in our history." said Commander Holt. "The day humankind reaches beyond its home world to help the immense universe of which we inhabit such a small part."

"In the blink of an eye, the world as we knew it became much larger than we'd ever thought possible." said Keith. "And now we rise up to join the fight alongside many others different from us, but of like minds, to stand firm in the face of tyranny."

"For all deserve to decide their own future as we have decided to spend ours ensuring the freedom of the universe." added Allura.

"Each and every one of you has given something to this fight. Many have been lost, but not in vain. Because through their sacrifice, many more will live on." said Shiro. "I make you this promise now. We will return triumphant."

The Atlas took-off to the sounds of cheering from the crowd below, as they set the course for their destiny.

---

A couple of days passed as the paladins and the rest of the Voltron Coalition travelled through the galaxy in search of any signs of the witch Haggar.

Lance and Allura were officially dating, and Kanna noticed the blue paladin was radiating with happiness. It warmed her heart to see her friend so happy.

It was early in the afternoon, and since she woke up before everyone else, Kanna was already done her daily duties in the Atlas and she started making her way to the cafeteria.

On the way there she walked by the training grounds, where she saw Acxa warming up.

"Hey." she said, walking towards her.

Acxa was standing on her hands and doing upside-down push ups, but she stood back up when Kanna walked in.

"Done for the day?" she asked, seeing her friend walk into the room.

"I think so. I mean, there isn't much I can do until we find Haggar." shrugged the white paladin.

"Good." said Acxa, as she headed to the weapon wrack and picked up a sword. "Then you can spar with me. Like we used to."

Kanna smiled and summoned her bayard.

"You're on."

The two old friends trained for two hours, until they were both struggling to catch their breaths.

"Your time as paladin slowed you down." joked Acxa.

"Yeah? I also remember when your hits used to hurt." Kanna smirked.

Acxa threw her friend a towel as she grabbed one for herself as well.

"How are you getting on with the crew?" asked Kanna.

"Well enough, I guess. We complete our tasks efficiently. It's all I can expect."

"Have you made any friends?"

"Friends? We are on a mission, no time for that." said Acxa. "Besides, the earthlings and I differ in too many ways."

"So do you and I, Acxa, but we've always had each other's backs. That's because we are similar in the way we respect each other." said Kanna. "That's how it is with people, you know? Maybe if we started looking at what's the same, instead of always looking at what's different... well, who knows?"