Genesis

Kanna summoned the paladins and Shiro to the Atlas' meeting room. She figured it was time to tell them about Akia.

"Sorry guys, I know this is last minute." said Kanna, sitting on the chair at the end of the table. Keith sat beside her, holding her hand. "But Zethrid gave me some information about someone very important to me, and I think all of you should know as well."

Keith tightened his hand around hers to show his support.

Kanna then proceeded to tell her friends about Akia. She had told them about her before, but time she went into more detail - especially about how much the girl meant to her.

"After he came back from his mission on planet Zebelios with Zethrid and Ezor, Lotor told me Akia had gotten severely injured in a crossfire and didn't make it." Kanna said, looking at her friends' concerned faces. "And so up till now, I thought she was gone. But Zethrid told me that Lotor lied about her death and sold her off to a group of pirates, because he thought having her around was making me weak."

The room was completely silent.

The paladins looked at each other unsure what to say.

Keith looked at Kanna, trying to imagine how much pain she must have been in.

"What are you going to do?" asked Lance, breaking the silence in the room.

"There's nothing I can do." Kanna answered. "Not now, at least. There's too much at stake in this war, and I need to focus on this before I can look for Akia."

"Kanna, are you sure?" asked Shiro.

"No. But there isn't much of a choice here. I can't leave Voltron now."

"She's right. We are fighting a war, and we need her." said Allura.

"Allura-" Keith was about to say.

"No, vanë, it's okay." Kanna stopped him and squeezed his hand. "I made a choice, and I have a commitment to all of you. Besides, there will be no point in finding Akia if the world as we know it won't be here when I do."

"When this is over, we will help you find her, Kanna." said Keith. "I promise."

"Thank you." she smiled.

--

Later that day, the crew of the Atlas gathered to discuss the information they were able to gather with Pidge's Robeast locator.

"We have confirmation that Honerva's beasts have touched down on planets Sanook, VeXilum, Siiz, and we continue to receive more transmissions." said Coran.

"This is consistent with the report I'm receiving as well." added Krolia.

"The wormhole signature we discovered on Olkarion were a map to where the Robeasts were headed." said Pidge. "They must have been waiting this whole time."

"They're targeting multiple front simultaneously." frowned Keith.

"What do we do?" Hunk asked.

"We keep our calm." said Shiro. "Coran, continue to mark the planets where the beasts have landed. Veronica, give us any real-time updates as they come in."

"Copy that." she responded. "Just got another report from Sanook. The Robeasts are covered in some type of shield like particle barrier."

"They're not attacking?" asked Kanna, frowning.

Suddenly, Veronica's screen began flashing with incoming transmissions.

"The planets are reporting activity." she said. "The Robeasts are siphoning the Quintessence."