Forming Voltron

"Guys, its time to suit up!" said Shiro, standing in the armoury with the rest of the paladins.

All of them wore the same armour and helmet, the only difference being the coloured accents for each armour, corresponding to their lion's colour.

"The bayards are the traditional weapons of the Voltron Paladins. They take a distinct shape for each Paladin, forming a weapon that complements your individual fighting style and skills." explained princess Allura, as she handed out devices to each of the paladins. "In addition, they can be connected to the lions to form weapons for Voltron itself."

When Kanna grabbed hers, it transformed into a pair of short swords.

"Perfect." she whispered.

She always fought using double swords, so at least this was something she was comfortable with.

"Shiro, I'm afraid your bayard was lost with its paladin." said princess Allura.

"I guess I'll just have to make due." said Shiro, shrugging.

---

"You'll need to retrieve the red lion from Sendak's ship." said Allura, who was gathered on the bridge with the paladins.

"That's a pretty big ship. How do we know where the red lion is?" asked Keith.

"Oh, you'll know." said Kanna.

"Kanna is right." said Hunk "Once you're in, you'll be able to feel its presence and track it down."

"Keith, remember, the red lion is extremely temperamental, you'll have to earn its respect." said the princess.

"Alright guys, the plan is the following: Lance and Hunk will pretend to surrender their lions, while Pidge and Kanna will fly with Keith and I to the enemy ship undetected. While Keith and I enter the ship to find the red lion, Pidge will guard the exit and Kanna will try to find a way to destroy the ship's cannon." explained Shiro.

"Why does she get all the fun work?" complained Lance.

"Kanna has the most flying experience out of all of you." said Shiro. "Besides, they don't know we have the green and white lions, so they give us the element of surprise."

---

Then the paladins set off on their mission.

Lance and Hunk approached Sendak's cruiser slowly, and when they got in close proximity, Lance made contact:

"Attention Galra ship, do not fire, we're surrendering our lions."

Meanwhile, Pidge and Kanna flew towards the back of the ship.

Keith and Shiro entered the ship through a hole Pidge created using her bayard.

"Alright Kanna, you're on." said Shiro through his communication device.

Kanna nodded and flew her lion towards the cruiser's cannon.

"Alright, I've done stuff like this before." she said to herself. "I just gotta be quick and it should be no problem."

When Kanna approached the cannon, however, she noticed a particle shield around it.

"Damn it. How inconvenient." she flew her lion around barrier. "Alright kitty, let's do this. Activate laser cannon!"

The white lion shot a highly concentrated white beam of energy towards the barrier. However, the barrier stood strong.

"I could be doing everything wrong" thought Kanna. "I probably am."