The Grudge

At the Atlas, Shiro received an incoming call from the paladins.

"Atlas, we've managed to track down an Altean Robeast." said Kanna.

"You've found one?!" said Coran.

"Where is it? Did you engage the creature?" asked Shiro.

"No, we were too late. It attacked the Olkari and stole the weaponized cubes."

"Is Olkarion okay?" inquired Coran.

"No. Olkarion is gone." said Keith.

"No..." whispered Coran.

"The loss of Olkarion is devastating to us all, but we were able to acquire some vital information." said Allura.

"We learned from Olkarion that the Robeasts have been traveling via wormhole, which leave behind unique energy signatures. Pidge created a program that can identify those signatures and pinpoint their exact locations." added Keith.

"We're sending over the readings of the program now." said Pidge.

The Atlas' display screen then showed several points throughout the universe where the Robeast were estimated to be.

"Are you telling us these are all Robeasts?" asked Coran.

"We're not positive, but they could be."

"There's more." said Kanna. "From studying the map we noticed the signatures all radiate from a single point: Oriande."

"Wait, so Honerva could be on Oriande? But I thought only worthy Alteans could get there. Could she have the mark of the chosen?"

"There's a lot we don't know." said Keith. "We need to rendezvous to come up with a plan."

"The Baltuf Nebula would make a good rendezvous point for both of us."

"Send us the coordinates, Coran." said Keith. "See you soon."

---

The paladins travelled for a few hours, until they were able to spot their destination.

"Coming up on rendezvous point, straight ahead." said Pidge.

The lions landed on the surface of a rocky planet, filled with rivers of lava and covered in mist.

"Anyone else find it odd that Shiro changed the rendezvous point to this place?" asked Hunk.

"I'm reading high CO2 and low oxygen in the atmosphere." said Kanna. "Meaning keep your helmets on out there guys."

"I'm not going out there." said Hunk.

The lions' panels then started beeping.

"They're here." said Keith.  

The Atlas could be seen descending from the atmosphere.

"Atlas, we have a visual." Keith contacted the bridge.

But suddenly, the the ship's image became distorted and revealed itself to be a Galra cruiser in disguise.

"Paladins, get airborne immediately!" screamed the Voltron leader. "This is a trap!"

But before the lions could go far, the cruiser targeted them with a laser beam that pressed them down against the ground, making them unable to move.

"We're about to be captured!" said Hunk.

"Emergency ejection!" commanded Keith.

The paladins hopped out of their lions began to run away, but fighter ships emerge from the cruiser and shoot down at them.