I Do

"Hey mom, dad." Kanna smiled, looking down at the headstones before her, reading 'Calarel Sendai' and Arthur Sendai'.

It was a sunny morning, and the cemetery flowers were beginning to bloom for spring.

"I'm getting married today." she continued. "To the love of my life... silly, I never thought I'd say that, but here I am."

Kanna took a deep breath and looked up to allow her face to soak in the warm sun.

"You would love him, dad. He's feisty, just like you." she chuckled. "And mom, you would be able to see right through his tough skin and find out that he is a big softy inside."

Tears began to gather in her eyes, but Kanna tried to fight them back.

"You guys don't even know what I would do to have you be there tonight. But I'll be carrying you in my heart when I walk down the aisle, like I always have. I promise."

She then heard the crunching of grass, indicating someone was walking towards her.

"Ready to go?" asked Keith, standing beside her.

"Yeah. I am." Kanna smiled and stood up, taking Keith's hand. "Let's go."

---

"Are the flowers in place?" Asked Coran, striding down between the many chairs that were set up for the guests.

"Yes, sir. All ready." Said Merla. "They are all red and white, like you requested."

"How is Hunk fairing with the feast?"

"Him and his crew are hard at work, sir."

"Ring bearers?"

"Kosmo and Akia have been properly instructed, sir."

"Guests?" Coran inquired.

"All have confirmed their presence and should be arriving within the hour."

"Good. This day must be perfect! Celebrating the love between two paladins, ah, isn't it incredible? I just wish my princess was here to witness it."

"I'm certain she is, sir." Merla and Coran exchanged a smile.

"Yes, me too. Well, I must check on the bride and groom before the guests arrive." Said Coran. "Good work, Merla."

--
Kanna was looking in the mirror, seeing her reflection in a sleeveless white gown and a long veil. It had been six months since Keith proposed, and she still couldn't believe this was happening.

"This is crazy." She whispered, grinning.

"You look beautiful, Kanna." Said Krolia, putting a hand on the bride's shoulder.

"Yeah, you look amazing." Added Acxa, smiling. "Keith is a lucky guy."

"Thank you guys." Kanna said, blushing.

"I'm back with more champagne!" Said Romelle, entering the room while holding a bottle. "You know, for the nerves."

"Hum, who's nerves? Kanna's or yours?" Asked Pidge. Romelle had been hyper jittery all day.

"Big events get me excited, what can I say?" Said the Altean girl, pouring herself a glass. "Plus, you humans really know how to make a bubbly beverage."

All of Kanna's bridesmaids were in the room with her, and Krolia joined them as well. All the women helped her get ready for the big day.

Then, they heard a knock on the door.

"Pardon me, Coran here! Just came to check how the bride is doing!"

"Come in, Coran." Said Kanna.

The man opened the door and gasped dramatically upon seeing the white paladin in her wedding dress.