Unlikely Alliance

Lotor was handcuffed and brought into the ship by Shiro and Lance, and he was taken straight to the prisoner containment unit.

The rest of the team was summoned to hear what he had to say.

All of them but Kanna.

She was told to stay behind for a while. Shiro thought they could use her to negotiate with Lotor, but he couldn't know about her being a paladin just yet.

"Well, isn't this a warm greeting?" said Lotor from his cell, upon seeing team Voltron walk into the room.

"You despicable murderer. What do you want from us?" said Allura.

"Murderer? Princess, you hurt me with your words." said Lotor. "I just saved your crew's life."

"And we're supposed to believe you did that out of the kindness of your heart?" said the princess, angrily.

"Maybe, why not? Our parents were friends once, why can't we be as well?" smirked the Galra prince.

"Because, well, I don't know, YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO KILL US!" said Lance, waving his arms around to emphasize his point.

"Oh don't be dramatic. I have never tried to kill any of you. I may have tested you, yes. Used you, certainly. But there were no murder attempts on my part."

"Stop with the games, Lotor. What do you want?" asked Shiro.

---

It had been a couple of hours since team Voltron entered the prisoner containment unit, and Kanna was getting anxious.

Finally, she was summoned to join them.

She had to gather a lot of courage to face Lotor again, but she was ready.

As Kanna made her way inside the room, and all eyes were on her.

Lotor looked like he had seen a ghost, because in its own way, he had.

Kanna had never seen him look speechless before - until now.

"Kanna? How is this possible?" asked Lotor. "You're a paladin of Voltron?"

He walked forwards as if to try and reach Kanna, but he received an electric shock upon touching the barrier of his cell.

"I- I looked all over the universe for you." he said, ignoring the pain from the shock.

Kanna didn't say anything. She just looked away.

Despite all he had done, seeing his face filled with sadness still hurt her. She hated herself for feeling sorry for Lotor.

The Galra prince closed his eyes and punched the cell barrier in frustration.

He looked very hurt to see Kanna, and the other paladins were almost shocked to see the arrogant Galra prince look so upset.

"Everyone." said Shiro. "I think its best if Kanna and I speak to him alone."

He thought the less people in the room the better.

"What?" asked Lance. "WHY?"

Before he could protest further, Pidge and Hunk each grabbed one of his arms and began dragging him away, with Allura and Coran following behind.

The team was soon gone, leaving only Kanna, Shiro and Lotor in the room.

---

"Alright Lotor, I hope you have a convincing reason for me not to eliminate your threat right here and now." said Shiro.