Daughter of Light

New day, new mission.

Team Voltron was working on gathering allies and liberating sections of the Galra empire, as well as escorting refugees out of war zones.

It had been a while since Keith left team Voltron, and Kanna was still getting used to him not being around.

That morning, Pidge had left to pursue leads that she had received about her brother's location.

Kanna also had her own work to do.

Shiro had tasked her with following coordinates that Pidge found in the Triocium crystal, which she suspected would lead to a Galra supply storage facility.

If Pidge was correct, taking it down would cut the empire's supplies short for a long time.

But as Kanna approached the planet's orbit, it didn't look too promising.

From afar, it looked like whatever was once on that planet had been destroyed.

Kanna then started feeling uneasy.

The closer she got to the planet's surface, the more she felt like she'd been there before.

Since no Galra ships were in sight, she landed her lion and decided to explore on foot.

When she stepped out, it hit her.

She had been there before - with Lotor and his crew.

At the time, there was no storage facility on the planet, but she figured they might have built one after Lotor took over.

It didn't matter anyway, since the planet was in ruins and whatever supply storage facility once existed was certainly no longer there.

Nothing was.

Or so she thought.

Kanna sensed movement coming from the rubbles of what looked like it used to be a village.

When she saw the ruins, she had flashbacks to her previous time on the planet.

She remembered the planet's surface was highly conductive, and much like in Elendaria, the people of the planet were connected to a current of energy that ran through it.

At the time, Kanna used her powers to transfer massive amounts of her own energy into the ground, causing an interference with the planet's natural energy flow. This caused all the locals on the planet to fall unconscious.

She thought it was a better alternative to fighting, since that way Lotor would have no reason to kill any of them.

Kanna's chest hurt thinking about what she had done. She remembered the people's faces when they awoke and all of them had been imprisoned.

Even back then she felt so much guilt, yet she always attempted to convince herself that Lotor knew what he was doing.

Kanna sensed movement again. Someone was definitely there.

She activated her bayard and waited.

Then she saw them.

Popping out of the village's ruins, a few natives could be seen hiding amidst the rubble.

Kanna was shocked.

She lowered her weapons and kneeled, trying to show she was not going to hurt them.

"I come in peace." she said, keeping her head low.

The locals started coming out of hiding, approaching Kanna.

"Who are you?" asked one of them.

"I am a paladin of Voltron. I came here to investigate. I can help your people."