Escorting Refugees

It had been about three months since Allura's day, and the newly reformed Blade of Marmora was travelling through the galaxy in their command ship, the Oryon.

Since Krolia and Kolivan became the elected representatives of the Galra Empire on the Galactic Coalition, Keith took over the leadership of the Blades, and now that the war was over, his job was to give the group a new purpose.

With the help of the new members, Keith was transitioning the Blade of Marmora into a humanitarian organization, solving conflicts and providing aid to those in need all over the cosmos.

The crew of the Oryon was, at this point, a mix of old friends and new ones.

Ezor, Zethrid and Acxa decided to repent for their past by helping the victims of the war they helped to fuel.

Rolo, Nyma and Beezer left their bounty-hunting behind to join the humanitarian cause, bringing a few other aliens from across the universe with them.

Slav became the Oryon's head engineer, and took on Akia as an apprentice.

Lance also became a part-time blade, often joining in adventures to take a break from the farm life.

Last but not least, there was the captain, Keith, and his second in command, Kanna.

The Blades had recently been summoned to planet Miragaia, where a terrible series of volcanic eruptions, floods and earthquakes left millions of misplaced locals seeking refuge.

The government was attempting to move as much of the population as possible to big cities on higher ground, but the process was slow and messy due to the sheer amount of people.

Keith hoped that his crew could help move some refugees around, or at least provide some supplies for those who were still stranded.

He was getting the final preparations ready for the mission, when he decided to head for the common area to look for Kanna.

She wasn't there, but Lance and a few other crew members were playing intergalactic poker.

"Hey Lance, have you seen Kanna?" he asked.

"I think she was with Akia in the kitchen." he replied, without looking up from his cards.

When Keith turned around to make his way to the kitchen, he ran into Slav.

"I hear your looking for Kanna!" said the engineer. "There is a very high probability that my student is with her. And she needs to get back to work! Preferably wearing red socks."

"Uh, yeah. I think Akia's with Kanna in the kitchen." Keith was never sure if he understood what Slav said. "I'm headed there now."

"Then I will join. But it is of OUTMOST importance that we hop on one foot on our way there." said the engineer, sporting his signature intense glare.

Keith paused for a second to look at Slav with a blank face.

"Yeah, you have fun with that." he said, ignoring Slav and making his way to Kanna.

Keith was walking down the hallway with Slav jumping and bickering after him, when he began to hear loud music playing.

He opened the kitchen doors to find a scene he couldn't quite explain.

The song "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson was blasting through the speakers, and while Akia dramatically lip-synced using a whisk as a mic, Kanna stomped around hitting the back of a pan with a wooden spoon.

"Is this some sort of peasant ritual I'm too smart to understand?" asked Slav, looking very confused.

Keith was surprised for a few seconds, but then he began to laugh.