Crystal Venom

It was early in the morning, and all paladins were summoned to the detainment room.

Sendak had been imprisoned in a sleeping pod, and Coran was attempting to extract his memories in the hopes of getting more information about Zarkon's plans.

"So, how exactly does this work?" asked Pidge, who was curiously observing the memory extraction process.

"As the memories are extracted, they are written bit by bit on indiviual molecules of the micro-storage strands." explained Coran.

"When I go, I want all the stuff in my brain stored in a giant ship" said Lance.

"The amount of information in your brain could be stored in a paper airplane." said Keith.

"Oh yeah? The amount of information you have, Keith, could be...could be..."

"Yeah?" asked Keith.

"Its less than what I have!" responded Lance.

"Ohhh, good one Lance!" cheered Hunk.

"Oh man..." said Kanna, facepalming.

The paladins awaited the memory transfer process anxiously. But once they noticed the procedure would be a lengthy one, the enthusiasm slowly faded.

"Yeah, I can't wait around. I'm gonna hit the training deck." said Keith, exiting the room.

A few minutes later, Pidge also left, followed by Hunk:

"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the lab."

"I'm gonna go feed the beast. I'll make myself some breakfast."

Kanna gave up not long after:

"I promised I'd teach Allura some Endari remedies."

Finally, Lance decided it was time for him to leave:

"Guess I'll go kick back with some space lemonade."

"I'm staying here, watching over Sandek." said Shiro.

"Well, the castle's taken quite a beating lately, so I'll go repair and reboot some systems. Lance, you're going to come and help me." said Coran.

"What? Why me?" asked Lance.

"Because you're the last one here! And because your activity isn't very important." replied Coran.

"Oh wait, did I say kick back with a lemonade? I meant I have to do homework!"

"No, too late. Come." and the two left the room, leaving Shiro alone.

---

In the kitchen, Hunk was about to prepare some food, when the goo dispenser started aggressively shooting food at him. Pidge, who happened to be walking by, came to his aid:

"What is going on in here?" she asked, shocked.

"The goo has me pinned down!" said Hunk, from behind the counter, just as a massive ball of green goo hit him in the face.

Pidge joined him, and they grabbed some plates to block the goo while they attempted to make their way to the source of the problem. Pidge quickly pinned down to hose, while Hunk tied a not on it, preventing any food from shooting out.

"Probably a malfunction." suggested Pidge.

"Yeah, I guess the kitchen system needs to be rebooted too." agreed Hunk.

"Leave it for Coran?" asked Pidge, resulting in the paladins exchanging a simultaneous nod and leaving the kitchen.

---