The Road Goes Ever On

"Ma, can I go see Max at the park? I told him I would!" said the little girl with pale skin and raven hair.

Four years after John was born, Kanna and Keith had a baby girl. They named her Ally Calarel, after princess Allura and Kanna's mom. She was now eight years old, and her brother was twelve.

"By yourself? Nope." said Keith, entering the kitchen with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Papa, please!" complained Ally. "When am I gonna be allowed to play with boys by myself?"

"When I'm dead." said Keith. "Plus three days to make sure."

Kanna chuckled and walked towards her husband, hugging him from behind.

"Alright, vanë, enough of the bad cop act." she said. "Max is Hunk and Romelle's child, and you know he is just as sweet as them. Ally will be fine."

"I can take her, dad." said John, coming down the stairs to join his family. "I have to go to the park and practice sword fighting."

"Gotten rusty, buddy?" asked Keith, smiling.

"Yeah." said the boy, grabbing his shoes. "And if we're gonna see grandma tomorrow and she notices, she'll start screaming at me in Galra again."

"Alright, but take Kosmo with you. Oh, and have you two finished packing?" asked Kanna. "We're leaving for Altea tomorrow morning!"

"Yup!" said the two kids, in unison.

"Off you go then."

Allura's Day was only a day away, and they would be travelling to Altea to see their friends like they did every year.

After Ally was born, Keith and Kanna moved into a house close to the Garrison, so the children would have a more stable place to grow up in.

The house was only a few blocks away from the houses of all the other paladins, so team Voltron was more like a family than ever. They spent holidays, birthdays, weekends... always with each other.

Keith passed the command of the Blades to Acxa, and she took on Akia - who was now in her twenties - as her second in command.

Since Shiro was the head of the Garrison academy, it wasn't hard for Kanna and Keith to get jobs as teachers. Keith taught battle startegies and piloting, while his wife instructed students in hand-to-hand combat and intergalactic diplomacy.

Life was good, and they were happy. The paladins were living the life they deserved, after risking all they had to save the universe.

---

That night, Kanna was sleeping beside her husband.

It has been a couple of hours since the kids went to their rooms to sleep with Kosmo. The wolf usually slept beside them, switching between John and Ally's room throughout the night.

Suddenly, the couple was woken up by a knock on their door.

"Ma, Pa" whispered John, who walked in holding his sister's hand.

"Hi my love, what's wrong?" Kanna asked, sitting up on the bed.

"Ally had a nightmare." he said.