Knights of Light

Kanna, Lance and Coran stood in the medical isle, watching over the unconscious princess Allura.

She had been completely unresponsive for a long time, and Lance was agitated with concern. Kanna had been by his side to offer moral support, but she was worried about the princess as well.

When she approached the Allura after Clear Day, Kanna sensed right away that the energy sphere that resided within Tavo was now in the princesses body.

"Are you sure you can't get that thing off of her?" asked Lance, for the third time that day. "Like you did for Tavo?"

"I'm sorry Lance, you know I tried." said Kanna. "But it's too strongly bonded to her - its like Allura doesn't want it off."

Suddenly, Allura's breathing began to increase.

"Princess?" said Coran, stepping closer to the bed.

Her eyes then shot open as took a deep breath.

"Allura? Are you okay?" Lance grabbed his girlfriends hand.

"What's going on? Where am I?" asked the princess as she sat up and rubbed her head.

"You're in the medical bay." explained Coran. "We found you collapsed on the ground. You've been asleep for two quintants."

"Allura - the entity is within you." said Kanna, with a grimm tone. "You chose to bond with it, didn't you?"

"I did what needed to be done."

"No..." said Coran, looking away.

"What needed to be done?" asked Lance. "What are you talking about?"

"This entity is connected to Honerva is some way." said Allura. "I believe we can use it."

"Allura, this is too dangerous." said Kanna. "I felt that thing's energy, and it's more powerful than you think."

"I swore to your father that I would look after you, but I fear I may have let him down." said Coran, looking down to floor in sadness. "This the path of darkness."

"Its the path to defeating Honerva." said Allura, determined. "I know the risks, but I'm willing to take them."
---

Later that day, the paladins, Coran and Shiro gathered in the meeting room to discuss Allura's plan for using the entity.

"The entity has bonded me to Honerva. The link is there whether we utilize it or not." said the princess. "I believe that if the paladins connect using the shared consciousness of Voltron, we may be able to travel through the void and into Honerva's mind."

"That could, in theory, give us access to her physical location as well as key information on how to defeat her." said Pidge.

"Which after what happened the last time we faced her, could be super useful." added Hunk.

"Honerva is capable of creating galactic Komars, wormholes, Robeats... and now Lotor and his mech are out there somewhere." said Keith. "She is the single greatest threat the universe has ever faced, and we don't have any other leads. It might take lifetimes for another opportunity like this to come around - it's worth the risk."

"I spent a lot of time in the infinite void. "It took all of my strength not to lose my sanity. And if you face Honerva in the void, she will win." said Shiro. "But... if you can find a clue that leads to defeating her and Lotor, it could give us the upper hand on this fight."

"I don't like the idea of using Allura like this." said Lance. "We are messing with powers we don't fully understand that have ruined countless lives."

"Kanna, what do you think?" asked Shiro. "You haven't said a word since we started, but you're the only one other than Allura that came in contact with the entity."