Relaxing Day

It had been two days since the battle with the robot that cost Ulaz's life.

The paladins had to evade two more Galra attacks since, and were still trying to find out what was leading Zarkon to them.

This day, so far, had been pretty quiet for a change.

The paladins took some time to do some relaxing.

Not for long, however, since Coran decided to ruin their break by making everyone clean the castle.

"We still haven't had the chance to give this ship a good, thorough cleanse. It has been accumulating dust for 10,000 years!" argued moustache man.

He walked around the castle looking for the paladins, so he could assign them areas to clean.

Keith was in his room, staring at a blade containing the same symbol as Ulaz's blade.

When Coran knocked on his door, he quickly hid it under his pillow.

"Keith, today is cleaning day. Come with me, you'll be mopping the hallways."

Shiro seemed to have been recruited already, since he was following Coran while holding a broom.

When Keith looked at the black paladin inquiringly, he just shrugged in response.

Keith followed them, not very pleased.

Next, they stopped by the lab and kitchen, recruiting Pidge and Hunk.

They then moved towards Kanna's room.

When the door to the room opened, they found Kanna and Lance, wearing fuzzy robes and doing face masks together, while listening to music. (song: Ice Cream (Milkshake) by World Music Ensemble)

Shiro's face was of complete surprise.

Hunk covered his mouth in an attempt not to laugh.

Keith was half shocked, half annoyed.

Coran had one eyebrow raised so high it was just about to get tangled with his hair.

"What? I like how it makes my skin feel." said Lance, causing Pidge to fall on the floor laughing. 

"What do you guys want?" asked Kanna, crossing her arms.

"You two, enough relaxing. Its ship cleaning day. Get dressed and meet us on the bridge." said Coran.

---

Once Lance and Kanna joined Coran and the other paladins on the bridge, Coran started assigning them tasks.

"Shiro, you're responsible for sweeping the floors on the engine room and the bridge. Keith will be mopping the hallway floors. Pidge, you'll be organizing the ship's storage room. Hunk, you get to clean the kitchen, but no snack breaks till you're done. Kanna, you'll mop the training deck and clean the gladiator robots and weapons. Lance, you will be cleaning the hangar."

"So much for a relaxing day." said Lance, grabbing a bucket and heading out, followed by the other paladins.

---

Keith was making his way through the castle's hallways, mop in hand.

He was very grumpy, which was nothing new, but this cleaning made him even more so. It didn't help that he had so much on his mind.

What did the symbol on his and Ulaz's blade mean? Why was he given a Galra blade as a child?

When he waked by the training deck's entrance, he heard Kanna's voice.

She was singing.

There were no words, just melody. It was the most beautiful thing Keith had ever heard. (song: Rachel's Song, by Vangelis)