40

This might be a confusing chapter to some people.

I deal with my pain through writing most of the times, and I know that some of you don't want a sad chapter, but this is me trying to let it all out.

I am not really sure how I am dealing with the loss of my twin. It's hard. And to be honest, I don't know what to do anymore. But seeing your funny, and kind comments make me smile- they are a distraction from the reality of my life.

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Part of this chapter is dedicated to twins.

3rd Person

BANG!

Another grenade went off in the house. The fire in the house grew larger, engulfing the west side of the mansion. Antonio rushed to the nursery, the screams of the little kids making him worry. This was the last room in the mansion to clear, or so he thought. He had done most of the rooms, but some he were unsuccessful. And the thought that he couldn't save his gang-his family, was to be burned in his mind.

"C'mon! velocemente! prendi i bambini e corri fuori. Vai in cabina! Presto! (Quickly! Grab the children and run outside. Get to the cabin. Quick!). Hurry!"

Men and women rushed out, most carrying the children. When the 16 year old boy saw all the people get out safely, he ran to the control room, and rushed to the safe behind a loose brick. Black smoke invaded the room as he felt the heat of the fire down the hallway. Putting in the code, he opened it only to see that it was empty.

"No," he whispered, scanning the contents of the safe. "NO!" He slammed it shut, knowing that they had taken it.

He needed to warn Tyler. Somehow, he had to warn him. Because of the new modifications, not only could it take out a whole continent, but anyone with access to it could find out all their secrets, safe houses, families off the radar.
They could access satellites, access weapons people never believed could even exist.

They could destroy everything.

Angrily, Antonio turned back around. Covering his mouth with his slightly torn sleeve, he exited the room to head to the exit when he heard more screams and cries from the floor above.

The problem was that the fire was on that floor, rapidly working its way down.

Without a second thought, he took a step towards the broken stairway, his mind set on saving his family. An arm stopped him. It was Jace, the former best friend of his cousin's girl, and a trusted member of his family. His face, like his, was covered with ash. Clothes ripped and burnt with his hair sticking out in all places.

"We need to get out! Now!" He shouted, as a wooden plank fell and missed them narrowly. Antonio shook his ash-covered face.

"No! There are people upstairs Jace, I need to save them," he shouted back. "I need to save them." The last part came out like a whisper, his voice cracking. Jace gave him a sympathetic look, but one that told him it was too late. He gripped Antonio's arm tightly, tugging him towards the opening- the opening that would soon close when the roof went through, which would happen in a matter of minutes or even seconds. Antonio knew the chances of saving them were slim-incredibly slim. It was more likely to be impossible

"Antonio, come on!"

"NO! I need to save them!" His eyes filled with tears as he inhaled more smoke. "I can't let them die! I can save them if I just-" he was cut off by Jace dragging him. Just as they were about to reach the opening, Antonio's eyes caught something.